Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: RANGO - best animation I've ever seen  (Read 4387 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
RANGO - best animation I've ever seen
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »
Here is an animated movie now on DVD that just hit the mark from the first minute to the last. The voice of Johnny Depp (using a voice similar to his character ED WOOD in a movie by the same name) stars as a lizard that is thrown from the safety of his world into the dessert and an old town like the wild West, a town quickly running out of water and without water, no town.

Through some tall tales, he makes his way to the town sheriff with a resolve to find where the water is going and how to get it back. Ned Beatty does the voice of the town of Dirt's Mayor and a very interesting cast of towns folk, all critters of one type or another build a believable story. Even a mariachi band - what more could you want!

The amazing part was the animation, I have never seen better. I would have loved to have seen this in 3D and hope it comes to HBO or Showtime in 3d so I can rewatch it on my TV. But really, amazing animation and great story and very rewarding characters make this my favorite animation to date.

It has a lot of parody moments from other films, we counted 7 scenes from well known movies, and what I liked is that this film felt MORE like an adult film the kids could watch than a kids show that the parents might enjoy.

I got to say, my 5 star system rarely sees a 4.5 but RANGO gets a 5 out of 5 stars for being a animated movie that kept my wife fully entertained and usually she just tolerates my kiddish side that enjoys animations.

This is REALLY REALLY good - Queue this one up at Netflixs or where ever, I really recommend this on a lot.

'Rango' Trailer HD
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Re: RANGO - best animation I've ever seen
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »
Okay, it's been a year and a half and not one of you is seen Rango yet? I still think this is probably the best animated film that I've seen. Period and I hope that at least a few of you will give it a shot because I'd love some feedback and I respect your movie watching abilities.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 08:08:02 pm »
i watched it on the way back from England last summer.  it was surprisingly good even if it was a tree hugger cartoon  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:57:40 am »
No doubt on the agenda Kathy... But the one raising all the stink is still ParaNorman, where a young boy who sees and communicates with ghosts, has a sister who is hitting on this muscular (somewhat self centered and obliously not interested boy) who announces when the girl asks if "Maybe we'll see a movie some-time?" and the boy answers "Sure, sounds good... My boy-friend LOVES Chick-Flicks!"

I read at www.Rottentomatoes.com all the reviews and the mothers of 11-13 year old girls in particular having FITS over that line which practically is the last line in the show. The lines were drawn and the chit was hitting the fan.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 10:13:49 am »
"Sure, sounds good... My boy-friend LOVES Chick-Flicks!"

hadn't heard about that one.  that kind of stuff usually furthers the agenda and has nothing to do with the meat of the movie/show. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »
We watched it after church this afternoon.   It was funny and I liked what I saw.  I fell asleep in the middle but my 6 year old loved it.  He kept justing up off the couch and would stand right in from of the TV to watch it.   He was in his TV coma.  Sucked right into the movie.   I guess that is what counts in the movie world.   

anything