Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Nicolas Trainer Bee and CannaHoney  (Read 3501 times)

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
Nicolas Trainer Bee and CannaHoney
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:46:34 am »
I hope I am not breaking rules here.  I live in legal cannabis State, am licensed to use, and grow my own. 

There is a gentleman in France that goes by the nick Nicolas TrainerBees.  I have tried multiple times to get input as to how he does this, he will not even respond to my attempts at communication.

So, let's get into theory and suggestions just how to train bees to use cannabis.  Only the male plant has pollen, only the female plant has the active ingredient needed for the medical effect. 

I do grow indoors, but it is not "bee tight" and is well ventilated.  My bees never seem to have any interest in the outlet of the vent, thus the smell that I assume would attract them.  I suppose I could put one of my splits in the grow area and try forcing them to only use that.  But, they probably could work their way outdoors if they were persistent.

So folks any ideas?  Anyone pals with Nicolas?  I am not looking to do this for a get rich scheme, there is no money in the legal market for the little guy like me.  Just want for my own use.

Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Nicolas Trainer Bee and CannaHoney
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:47 am »
I am no expert, but someone with more intimate knowledge of that plant than I have says that:
1) there is no THC in cannabis nectar
and
2) bees show little interest in cannabis as a nectar or pollen source

The pictures I've seen posted on line are showing bees that seem to be gathering the resin from the plant are intriguing and I have to wonder if that is attractive to them or someone just did some trick to attract them to it (like sugar syrup on the plant in a dearth).  Also, I'm not expert, but I would assume the resin would have THC in it... but if the bees are gathering resin, they would likely just use it for propolis, not for food so it still would be unlikely to be in the honey.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:29:02 pm »
Yeah, from what I hear, that guy is just spreading misinformation. Someone who spoke with him directly confirms that Nicolas sprays the buds with sugar water to make it look like the bees are working them. I've read several articles that say that cannabis is a very poor pollen and nectar source. Only the male plants produce soMe, but it's of such poor quality, the bees look for ANYthing else.
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »
Iternet Hooo-Axxxxx
John 3:16

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:17:20 am »
Well good to know.  THC and CBD are in the resin of the female plant  CBD is the ingredient for pain and seizure control
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:19:09 am »
I saw that video clip on FB also and was wondering if it was real or not. Since Cannabis pollinates by releasing wind-born pollen that is picked up by the sticky female flowers it has no mechanism like necture production to attract insect pollinators. A mixture of cannabis pollen and resin which is what the bees would end up with is known as hashish and is illegal last time I checked.   

Offline mtnb

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:19:43 am »
I'd rather be playing with venomous insects
GO BEES!

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:34:34 am »
No I had not seen that.  But the pollen has no active ingredient of THC or CBD so it is worthless as far as medicine is concerned.  The active ingredient needed is in the resin drops on the end of little stalks called trichomes.  Now the rest of the female plant also has the active ingredient, but that would not be accessible to the bees.  The female plant in flower does stink too, often like a skunk.

I am thinking that due to the fact he will not even respond to any questions that he is a bunko scheme or attention scheme.  But I do appreciate the feedback.
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Windof

• Brood
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 05:48:52 am »
I want to grow cannabis too but law won't let me lmao

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 08:52:52 am »
Windof,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline KiserWatch

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 07:19:20 pm »
To be honest, I've never heard about this relationship between cannabis and bees. I don't think you should insist anymore, if he doesn't want to tell you anything, you should leave it that way. Don't push it because it might get ugly. I remember I had a neighbor a few years ago who had an amazingglass smoking pipe, and he never wanted me to know where he got it from. We both used to smoke some stuff, so we wanted the best looking pipes. I found out after a while from his wife. Every time I asked him about it, he got angry, so I left it like that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:27:16 pm by Robo »

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 08:11:35 pm »
Kiser,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Please modify your profile to show your location. The USA has a very wide range of climates and knowing where you are located will help us answer your questions better.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 03:16:09 pm »
All instances of CBD and/or THC honey are infusions.  In other words, the target ingredient is added to the honey after extraction.

Bees may have an interest in the resin, but for the purpose of making propolis.  I can't see where there would be any nutritional value for developing brood or energy value for feeding a foraging colony.
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 05:15:51 pm »
I think like a lot of poor nutritional pollens, the bees would probably gather it in a pollen dearth but not otherwise.  There is wild hemp all over Nebraska and I never see bees working it.  But it is, of course, a different variety that has no THC.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything