Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sound  (Read 4492 times)

Offline CTbeeman

• New Bee
Sound
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:22:17 pm »
My E machine craped the bed :oops: :-x and I had another E machine, So to make a long story short I used both to make 1 working cpu. The problem is I have no sound, the drivers are not there. 

My question is, If I buy and install a soundcard will this take care of my problem? :?
If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

Offline Bodo

• House Bee
Re: Sound
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:37:11 am »
Short answer, it should.

What I would suggest is that you go to the emachine website and try to find the right driver.  I'm a little surprised that that computer had a separate sound card.  Most emachines that I've seen had them on the motherboard.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:13:15 pm »
If you are running windoze, chech the device hardware and see if the sound card shows up in that.

If it does check the mixer. (do you have a speaker icon in the systray)

If you do is the vol and line turned up.

If yes check the speakers and the cable connection.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:16:49 pm »
I just repaired an emachine for a friend. I kill dsiked the hard drive thinking he had the recovery disk, wrong. When I was finished he did not have the drivers for the sound. I searched and searched for "sound drivers for emachine" and the only thing that came up was the Emachine driver site. I dont know why I was unable to install the drivers from their site. I found you need to look at the motherboard, brand or model and search for sound drivers for that motherboard. I believe most Emachine use Realtek Audio. Here is a link to a site with Realtek http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3. Hope that helps

Offline gjcluttrell

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 10:30:39 am »
Yes that will fix it. You mentioned you swapped out some parts....Did you swap out motherboards & was the sound ports integrated on he motherboard? If so, you need to go into the BIOS and make sure onboard sound is enabled if you replaced the MB.

Offline CTbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 04:09:53 pm »
I did not swap out the motherboard, but the hard drive was shot so I swapped that with my old one. I am tring the download for the drivers. hope it works.

Offline CTbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:31:26 pm »
the download didn't work :'(

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »
Did your e-machine come with a system restore disk?

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 03:27:55 pm »
Did you try the link I posted above? If you dont have the restore disk ask a friend if they have a motherboard drivers disk, the one that comes with the motherboard or computer. If they do put it in and go to device manager. Find the "!" on the device, sound, and click reinstall driver. With the disk in it should take. Restart the computer and you should have sound. If that does not work get a sound card, only about $20.00 and you'll have sound. Being a gammer I did not know there was a big difference between onboard sound and a card. There is a huge difference. I think the sound card is much better.