Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hunting Season!  (Read 3045 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Hunting Season!
« on: November 20, 2022, 01:31:04 pm »
PS Its good to see you two have once again found your tongue lol  :sad: :shocked: :cool: :grin:

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online gww

• Super Bee
Re: Hunting Season!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 01:38:50 pm »
Never have much of a tongue during deer season. A person has to have some priorities in life.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 01:41:02 pm »
Having any success; Killed any thing?   I here the deer are huge ini Missouri?
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 02:58:25 pm »
Deer hunting is huge but up north is where the deer are huge but ours are bigger then Florida.

I am a pure meat hunter and do now have meat.  I sometimes kill a bigger buck for our area but it is not what I go for cause they don't taste as good in my view and I am too cheap to do more then cut the antlers off and throw them in the garage.  My family had a good year and all have meat.  A couple of the younger ones got their very first deer.  My brother in law got the biggest horns which was just a fair 8 point.  There are 2.5 days left in the season and I may sit in my field behind my house a couple of afternoons yet but the pressure is off and I might not either.
Cheers
gww
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 03:27:52 pm by gww »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 03:16:31 pm »
Well, since the thread has gone south, I'll take it a step farther. I have my fourth deer packed in ice now, and will process it Tuesday. Our season is good through the end of the year. I will likely get 1 or 2 more.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 03:26:46 pm »
Iddee
You might live forever eating all that fat free meat.  Hope so.
Cheers
gww

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 03:28:55 pm »
This is much better reading.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 05:45:13 pm »
This is much better reading.

Good! Don't just read feel free to join in.   :grin:  Do you deer hunt Bill?

Phillip

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 06:23:20 pm »
used to till the wrath of father time took its toll on my hunting and fishing partner of 30 yrs, my wife. Never could get my kids interested, and its just not as enjoyable by myself.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 06:32:36 pm »
Thank you Bill for sharing that post of personal news. I am truly sorry you lost her.
I feel confident some of our friends here would be glad to have you come and join in a hunt with good fellowship included! Though in might wind up being a long drive.

Phillip

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 06:39:57 pm »
well im remarried and we spend good time together. she hates bees, but loves me. what more can a guy ask for.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 06:41:27 pm »
👍🏻 😊

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2022, 10:38:38 pm »
Bill,
Come on up here to the farm. We can on my 92 acres. I used to hunt on the original 42 acres but stopped years ago because we love to see the deer behind the house. Now I have another 50 acres we can hunt.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2022, 05:14:21 pm »
How is your season faring and unfolding? Are y'all 'getting the meat' and packing the freezers?

Phillip

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2022, 06:19:22 pm »
I don't hunt. I did for many years, but the years told on me. At 77, I cannot hold still. I shake too bad to aim a rifle. I could hunt with a shotgun, but why. More are given to me than I can ever use. I am given deer by hunters. I have gotten 6 and turned down 9. My freezers are full.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 07:10:05 pm »
Iddee
I do still hunt but if I could get somebody to give me four or five deer, I would give it up and just eat. :happy:
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2022, 08:15:38 pm »
I hate to hear of the shaking iddee. It?s good that your friends keep the meat coming.

I hear you gww. I use to get so excited before deer season that it was hard for me to go to sleep the night before! lol

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 08:07:40 am »
It's muzzle loader season here.  Here's my muzzle loader.

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline AustinB

• House Bee
  • Christian, father, outdoorsman
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2023, 11:17:34 am »
Nice TC Michael. Here's my Omega (new to me last year) before that I had an old Knight MK85 that I hunted with for over 20 years. Great gun, still got it.

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proberbs 16:24