Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: With the ?bee crisis? fading and European farmers fearing an insect invasion, EU  (Read 1007 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00007-1

The future of a controversial agricultural pesticide remains very much in limbo, the victim of both scientific uncertainty and political malfeasance.

I am talking about neonicotinoids, a family of insecticides first deployed in the 1990s as an agricultural insecticide applied mostly as a seed coating and thought to be both more effective and less toxic to beneficial insects, including bees. Yet because of fears based on controversial and less-than-convincing laboratory studies that neonics, as they are called, might harm honeybees or wild bees, the European Union issued a moratorium in 2014 on their use. Since then, farmers in England have turned to other pesticides, which has turned out to be problematic ecologically for bees.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Link sends me to an article on Earths magnetic field.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Yep, Ace, agreed, as usual I might add.  The matter has appeared to me: Ace when you text about bees and I respond, the word AGREED appears nearly 100 percent of the time.
Blessings
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.