Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Did someone hunted chipmunks and eat there meat?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline lussian283

• New Bee
Did someone hunted chipmunks and eat there meat?
« on: August 10, 2022, 10:50:11 pm »
Did any one eat chipmunk after hunting them? Is it legal to hunt them in usa? what it tastes like to eat chipmunks.?

But some one have told me that they have eat squirrel so i thought why not try chipmunk they are very similar.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:19:50 pm by lussian283 »

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Did someone hunted chipmunks and eat there meat?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 12:09:46 am »
It would depend on what state you were in if it is legal or not.  In my state it isn't.  I don't know of anyone that hunts chipmunks deliberately even where it is technically legal to kill one though.  Chipmunks are extremely small, about the size of a rat, and they are fast and secretive.  I'm not sure why you'd want to hunt something so hard to catch that would provide so little meat. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 12:16:16 am »
Did any one eat chipmunk after hunting them? Is it legal to hunt them in usa? what it tastes like to eat chipmunks.?

Welcome lussian283 to Beemaster. I agree with The15thMember as it would depend on each State. I have never heard of such a thing as hunting chipmunks anywhere in America. Do you hunt chipmunks from the place you come from? Where do you come from? Your profile shows you now reside in New York which is in the USA. I would think you would know the laws of hunting in your own State.. Do you hunt chipmunks in New York? If so I would love to hear more on this subject.
:grin:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 12:46:29 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

salvo

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:23 am »
Hi Lussian,

I posted a while ago about bothersome chipmunks in my yard, and jokingly asked how one would prepare chipmunks for eating, chipmunk fricassee? chipmunk kabob?

The population goes up and down in my yard,... but I ain't eating them.

I might be convinced if 15 or 30 had some good recipes and photos of smiling faces munching away.

How 'bout you? Had any good chipmunk lately? We're here to share.

Sal

Offline lussian283

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »
Same as we cooked squirrel.

Offline lussian283

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 10:22:33 pm »
It would depend on what state you were in if it is legal or not.  In my state it isn't.  I don't know of anyone that hunts chipmunks deliberately even where it is technically legal to kill one though.  Chipmunks are extremely small, about the size of a rat, and they are fast and secretive.  I'm not sure why you'd want to hunt something so hard to catch that would provide so little meat. 

Right I really like difficult things and try some thing that is really weird for many of us.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:54:13 pm by The15thMember »

salvo

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 11:27:31 pm »
Hi Folks,

Winter is coming, and I'm being told there may be food shortages. Just in case:

https://www.thenewsurvivalist.com/can-you-eat-a-chipmunk/

Sal

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 12:51:43 am »
lol! I hope it does not come to eating Alvin and Theodore Sal!!

If so; Next may be Chip & Dale!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:00:11 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.