BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

How are things going in your bee yards in the Land Down Under?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Skeggley:
Wet winter here and have seen one swarm so far. Warm day yesterday so did some splits as a preemptive swarm measure. The bees weren?t impressed and I?m not sure the dude working outside a few houses down was either. I?m still amazed when I see people working their bees without protection but then, maybe it?s just the bees in this area.
Not much fun cleaning all the max moth off the ?sealed? equipment either.😡

Bee North:
Hi Skeggly,
Good to see your post, there are too few of us here!

I'm sure many of the youtubers only remove their protection for the shot picking the best weather and calmest hives etc.

Let us know when things pick up over there....its been an interesting year, I know NSW and Vic bees are all swarming...probably sick of all the lock downs!

TheHoneyPump:
A great thing about beemaster is the worldwide membership. 
While here I am winding my hives down with feed on to get them up to weight to survive a 6.5 month long Canadian winter of 20 below and blowing snow .. am expecting some first snowfalls any day now.   I can flip over to the down-under group and start Spring (virtually). Fun Fun fun!
They can have lock downs around town.  I dont care and neither do the bees. While I sometimes wear a veil, I do not wear a mask for the beeyard!!!   Unless there is an OAV round on the schedule. 

Ben Framed:
Good pictures HoneyPump..

Bee North:

--- Quote from: TheHoneyPump on September 28, 2021, 11:44:21 pm ---A great thing about beemaster is the worldwide membership. 

--- End quote ---
True HP!

I'm just surprised there are so few Aussie's actively posting here that's all.

Snow!!

This season has  come around quickly for me, it feels like you guys over there were just in Spring and now your talking about snow!!

I'll be grafting when I get home from work in a couple of weeks. 32 deg C at my place next week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version