Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Using Warre hives in the Charente central France  (Read 1541 times)

Offline charentejohn

• House Bee
Using Warre hives in the Charente central France
« on: August 09, 2020, 11:22:23 am »
I had bees set up in an old bird roosting box and they were there sealed in a most inappropriate box and location for over seven years.  They eventually died out, Asian Hornets pinning down a too small colony, was a 30L box at best, but ok till then.
I decided to set bees up where I could not so much manage as enjoy them and help with problems.  I went on a beginners course which was useful but I was too late last year to catch swarms etc, late June.
So this year, lots of work over winter,  I made sure I was ready.  I now have two Warre hives with Dadant to Warre 5 frams adapters on them.  Reason is that these are the only real way available to buy here.  Working so far, start of August, and they are descending.
Plan is TF, hence the Warres so I am monitoring mites but hope to not need to take any action.
Photo of current hives attached, ignore the massive cage they are in, not my fault as a lot of time on my hands :) 

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Using Warre hives in the Charente central France
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 11:44:12 am »
welcome  :happy:

Offline JurassicApiary

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 07:17:23 pm »
Aloha from Hawaii!

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 09:06:09 am »
I am constantly surprised by how this forum consists of so many nationalities. Welcome to the forum.

anything