Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Canoes and Kayaks  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« on: February 16, 2005, 10:01:35 pm »
Does anyone else here, I am shure there are, like to to canoe or kayak. I mainly use are canoe becuase we have nice large pounds but have some shallow water when rain connects all of them and the creek so it gos through quite nicely. I want to take kayaks down the colorado river in the Grand. bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 10:38:50 pm »
Here's a nice place to go on some rapids. I used to live near this place, and it's beautiful!

click for larger image

click for larger image

click for larger image

Beth

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 10:40:49 pm »
Opps..... forgot to tell you the name of the place. It's the Black Canyon of the Gunnison River in Colorado (near Crawford - home of Joe Cocker the singer).

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:45:13 pm »
Very nice Beth!!!  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Tracy

• New Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 12:50:24 am »
Hey, if you ever make it too Canada, we have a beautifull B&B right on the ocean, on Vancouver island. My husband builds wonderful cedar strip kayaks. Perfectly great for calm ocean kayaking right out our back door.  Check out our web www.shangri-labedandbreakfast.com

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 09:37:39 am »
Thanks tracy :D , bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 11:47:53 am »
I hope you are happy Ryan  :shock:  You made me post the following NIGHTMARE ON THE TOMS RIVER http://www.beemaster.com/travel/canoe.html - my God what a day and night that was - lol  :twisted:

We still have this canoe, but I don't think we used it more than 3 times after the above trip.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 05:43:06 pm »
I still want to try it, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 04:43:37 pm »
May you have better luck than me Ryan  :oops:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 06:32:23 pm »
I prefer my monkey broiled
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 01:16:17 am »
lol, rafting the grand wont be like canoeing the swamps, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline firetool

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 10:57:14 am »
John cool story,
 I bet if you had gave your self more time and done some fishing things would have been alot differinet. We had a small creek like that back home in mineral wells, Tx. Their was about a five mile strech of creeck that we would floot and fish over the weekend. We would chatch lots of catfish. By the time we would get back though we would be exosted. We would go sleep for almost the next day. I miss it,it was a good adventure to go on and my kind of outing.

take care,

Brian

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 06:13:24 pm »
A 10 mile trip is a nice trip. My favorite fish, and in my mind the best fish, is the catfish. I was raised on catfish and bluegill so every other fish taste funny to me. I am opening up to new flavors though, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 12:03:39 am »
Ryan-

This is a catfish Chad caught out of our pond. It weighed 13 pounds! We have atleast two others in the pond that are larger than that, but they're really smart and have gotten away many times.

Bass are much more common in the pond. Here's a pic of an 8 pound bass that Chad caught while teaching my son how to fish for bass. It was a good example. :) He did his "example" so right that he caught the biggest bass caught from our pond so far.

Beth

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 12:07:56 am »
Nice lookin' fish!! :D
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 12:53:39 am »
Looks like you have a good fisherman in the family. My dad has told me that my family on his side has been full of great and profesional fisherman. He is really quite great himself and he is teaching me more and more every year, I ok. We have a hidden pond 2 hours away with all kinds of fish, some as big as me! bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline firetool

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 10:22:29 pm »
Those are nice fish. If I am ever up that way will you let me drond a worm in the pond. The little town that I grow up in had the Brazos river right next to it. We used to go and fish for flat heads or some peaple call them tellow cats. The biggist that I ever cought on rod and rell was about fourty pounds. We sat all night and cought that one and one other that was about 12# we used live blue gill for bait.

Brian

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 11:41:40 pm »
We are on easter vac in florida and we saw alot of people fishing, never saw them catch anything but crabs, lol. bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 11:07:41 am »
Sure Brian, you can come fishing. :) Not sure what our fishing is like at the moment though. This last summer is was REALLY good because hardly anyone had fished here in a couple years. My husband had been going through chemotherapy because of Hodgkins Lymphoma, so people really avoided our place. Everyone thought he was going to die, so we had almost no visitors for a couple years.

But.... hubby is fine, and the company has returned to fish the pond. And like I said, this last summer there were some great fish being pulled out. But just this last Easter..... we had an outragous storm. The pond filled up so much that the island was underwater, and the excess water was pouring over the dam like a waterfall. I fear that alot of fish got pulled out of the pond.

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Canoes and Kayaks
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2005, 08:11:42 pm »
This last year we had the same problem Beth. Are water went 20 feet up on the bank and started to pull my canoe out, bye :)
Ryan Horn