Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 4 years, All hives dead  (Read 4307 times)

Offline MikeyN.C.

• Field Bee
Re: 4 years, All hives dead
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »
Blackforest,
Do you not recommend using OA dribble method?  I thought that was used in UK for years with success in cold temps. ?

Offline blackforest beekeeper

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 03:59:26 am »
Blackforest,
Do you not recommend using OA dribble method?  I thought that was used in UK for years with success in cold temps. ?

no. It?s good. ONCE in winter, broodless, cold, yes. But twice seems to be too much if they can`t fly.
I have used OAV twice last winter - with good results. on some hives I used dribbling once.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 09:14:30 pm »
Hello Flex, Just curious how things are working out for you and your bees? Have they made it so far?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline FlexMedia.tv

• House Bee
  • Still Proud. Retired, Michigan State Police
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 05:24:32 pm »
Hello Flex, Just curious how things are working out for you and your bees? Have they made it so far?

Sorry! I lost this reply in all the returns. Hopefully they will be ok through the winter. We had our first over 50 degree day today and it will be back to freezing tomorrow so we will see about that!
Check out my Blog!:

http://beekeeper.flexmedia.tv/

Retired State Trooper. Part time Beekeeper. If you ever see me run, Run!