Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I love winter & many of winters sports.  (Read 7637 times)

Anonymous

I love winter & many of winters sports.
« on: February 16, 2005, 03:14:28 pm »
I have lived in snow country all my life and wouldn't want to live in a snow less climate. I spent a year where the winter was just one monsoon rain after another. Ever try to do any thing in the rain and not get wet?
With all of todays hitec clothing there just isn't any reason to be cold if you dress for it rather than fashion.
Warm dry foot wear need not be heavy or bulky nor any other wear you chose.

The sport I enjoy the most is snowmobile touring ( to old to race any more :lol:  :lol: ). I love to pile the miles on.

Following the grommer in the old days 1975.

Break time during a ride in Kalkaska Michigan 1981.

Stopping to allow the dog sled race team the right away near Raco near Michigans soo 1978.

Riding down the beach at White Fish Point Michigan 1979.

:D Al

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 03:22:53 pm »
Taking a break near the big Mac bridge, the intersection of US 2 & I 75      1979.

Castle Rock St. Ignes Michigan 1979.

My friend Al aka Ridge due to us being Al's and his new cat  near Hulbert Michigan 1975.

From My raceing days 1st 440 stock, 1st place 650 stock January 1975.

On the north shore of Lake Michigan March 1981.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 03:42:50 pm »
My brother, friends and I took a week vacation every year to ride Michigans UP.

Climbing a hill near Hulbert Michigan 1979.

My sled bed and tow truck last January after a snow fall considered a lite frost by many of us.

Rear view.

Todays sleds, What a difference from the old days.
12" of rear travel instead of 8" 10" of travel in front instead of 4". Electric start Reverese and rear view mirrors. Just getting to old to keep turning the head to see where every one is.

My old 1981 Indy and Kares 2000 Classic and my 2001 Classic in the rear. Side wals of the trailer are sandwiched stryfoam between 1/4 inch sheets of fiber glass. A heater makes it a nice warm changeing room and work shop on the road.

Our favorite place to ride today is any place in Minnesota but here I am getting loaded to go on a short 2 day away trip to mid Michigan.

LOL saying a prayer for some travel with the old bogie wheel system on the 77 ski doo 1978.

Home away from home the hotel in Hulbert. and a near by hill to play on.

young and dumb, OH my Head. near Pine Stump Juc. 1978

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 03:53:37 pm »
I also like to cross country ski but don't do it much as I don't care to go alone. Today I also like to take winter pictures that intreest me.

My 2001 Classic. and dirty face butt head the kitty. 300+ miles a day now is childs play.

The winter grass garden.

Yuccas.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 04:35:55 pm »
nice pic's Al, showing us alittle history ha, enjoyed them alot , I have never seen a snow mobile in person, all i have seen is 4-wheelers
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 05:28:03 pm »
You don't get out enough TwT. LOL :)

Beth

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:31:01 pm »
heck Beth, I was 22 years old before i ever seen snow , it doesnt snow much were i was raise in south Louisiana, seen all the mud and swaps for a life time though. had to move to Georgia to see snow.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 08:17:48 pm »
We enjoy are snowmobiles, we have 6 500s that we bought from yellowstone national park, they get new ones every year. I love them, they are huge :shock: bye
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Yes some past history there. Also a lot of years of not doing enough pictures.
Kare and I got married before noon 20 years ago. We went right to the snowmobile dealer and bought her a new one. She didn't get to ride it but 25 miles that year and about 300 the next. Then she got A heart problem which wouldn't allow her out in the cold for very long no matter how she dressed so they were placed in storage for 12 years. Her wedding sled had 750 miles on it when she got her new 2000 model. Of course the dealer couldn't give much as a trade in so we gave it to our daughter.
On the other hand my 1981 Indy has 22,000+ miles on it and is my back up sled and fun sled for playing around the house.

anything