Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Corn grinder/Cane press  (Read 6405 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Corn grinder/Cane press
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:49 am »
I'm looking for a corn grinder. Also a cane press(?) to get the juice out of my sugar cane. Any recommendation? I've seen the Korean cane juicers but I just don't know anything about either when it comes to buying.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
Re: Corn grinder/Cane press
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:07:16 pm »
gary,
there is a guy in dublin georgia that has about a half a dozen cane mills.  i also saw one on dothan craigslist not too long ago.  i got my cane in the ground a couple of weeks ago.  then we had a hard frost a few days later.  and now we're getting a lot of rain, go figure.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:53:29 am »
I have probably a hundred stalks I want to plant. However, right now I'm in the process of building a shed behind the shed to transfer some stuff out of the first one. Then I'll start tearing it down to make room for a barn like 30x50 metal building to be built in the first shed's place. Then there's Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners/parties.

I used to love this time of year, now it just p***'s me off. Too much tugging on you and worrying about gift purchases.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »
I have probably a hundred stalks I want to plant. However, right now I'm in the process of building a shed behind the shed to transfer some stuff out of the first one. Then I'll start tearing it down to make room for a barn like 30x50 metal building to be built in the first shed's place. Then there's Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners/parties.

I used to love this time of year, now it just p***'s me off. Too much tugging on you and worrying about gift purchases.
Bah Humbug.
:)
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »
there's always something else to do.  i need to get my self motivated and get back on running fence.  spring will be here before you know it.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »
Jim/Rob, I think my aggrevation is probably due to a semi culture difference. They live in subdivisons, they're city folk, we're country. We work our buts off and always have a list of things to do. Right now I have a mental list of things I need to do this winter in addition to the daily stuff. Now that the green stuff is dead, putting hay in the mangers for the goats is here again. This is the beginning of kidding season as well. I know there's a couple of field rats/ posseums/stray cats I need to take care up. But you know what? I wouldn't have it no other way :th_thumbsupup:

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 12:48:35 am »
Gary, are you going to build the shed or have it done.  Back a few years ago I had a 30x50x10 built, it has metal sides and roof, 6x6 wood post and 2x6 roof trust.  It has double sliding doors and each end of the 50 ft and a personal door close to the middle of south side.  The people I got to do it finished it in 4 1/2 days for $9000. 
Good luck Gary.

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 07:25:43 am »
Joe, I'll try to paint the picture more accurately. I'm planning to have another shed built in about the same place as the one I'm going to tear down. Before I have this shed built, I have to tear the old shed down (25x40x12), before I tear the old shed down I need to build another to put some of the stuff under it, - like about a hundred bales of hay. Then there's the tools and everything else.

I'm having National Barn Company out of Tennessee build the new one. It will be a 30x50x10, 2 entrance doors, 3 sliding doors, and two gable vents, barnyard reddish with a white roof and trim. Right at 13,000. Then there's the concrete to be poured. A friend of mine built one about two years ago. The concrete was $6100. National Barn did the concrete but they don't do it down here anymore. The off the wall guesses is I'm looking at around 7,500.

I will be using much of the rafters and tin for the top of the shed I'm currently working on.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 11:12:24 pm »
gary, i had a 30x80 building put up last year and the concrete guy only charged me around 7800 if i remember right.  the price on the building sounds better than what i paid.  is it tubular steel or the red structural steel?

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 12:58:13 pm »
Rob, I don't know the difference.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 12:43:16 pm »
Gary, are you going to build the shed or have it done.  Back a few years ago I had a 30x50x10 built, it has metal sides and roof, 6x6 wood post and 2x6 roof trust.  It has double sliding doors and each end of the 50 ft and a personal door close to the middle of south side.  The people I got to do it finished it in 4 1/2 days for $9000. 
Good luck Gary.

Joe
Joe,
That is a really good price you got. I am building a 60'x60'x12' pole barn. I probably have $8000 plus into it now with just the roof on. I have spent about $2000 on dirt and slag alone. I am still working closing in 60'x13' to use as my workshop. I just had 32 yards of dirt dropped to bring the area under the cement floor, for the workshop, up to the correct height.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »
tubular steel will be silver and smaller and there will be several trusses and the red structural will be a lot bigger but only have a truss every 20 feet or so.  when i was taking quotes the prices were pretty close so i went with the red structural.  i had 2 roll up doors, 2 entry doors and 5 windows and had the roof and walls insulated and i think it cost 31k.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:32 pm »
It's not going to be the tublar. I think I've heard this refered to as construction steel by a third party. My neighbor has about the same thing and all his stuff is heavy duty. I'm looking down a long road to finishing. In the middle of that road is too many holiday meals, parties, and visits.

Jim was right - Bah Humbug! :drowning:

anything