Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: yellow tomatoes  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
yellow tomatoes
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:17:49 pm »
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: yellow tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:31:14 pm »
I grow them every year. I know they taste the same, but a tomato is suppose to be red!

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:33:38 pm »
I like them because they have more meat.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »
Yellow tomatoes are generally much less acidic than the red. Folks that have acid problems can usually tolerate the yellow better.

I grow a variety of colors red, orange, yellow, black (purple) and even ones that ripen green. They make a beautiful salad.
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:06:50 pm »
Good looking tomatoes Irwin.
I like the colors other than red better because as Scott said they are less acic and they do all have a little different flavor from each other.
I grow a variety of colors myself, its fun to see them all mixed in the vegetable garden.
I grow multi colored carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes as well.
I know, I know I am so wild and crazy, I have also been known to run with scissors on occasion.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 03:13:47 pm »
i love the yellow tomatoes.  only problem i have with them is that they don't seem to keep as long.  we didn't grow any this year and i regret that.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
Beautiful Tomatoes Irwin! The yellow & orange are my favorites, as others say, less acidic.  You are right Kathy, they don't seem to keep as long but sure are tasty! The farm I work at has the rainbow carrots also, they are fun & make interesting carrot salad.  Natalie, you are a wild one running with scissors! :-D
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 10:20:40 am »
I know I am so wild and crazy, I have also been known to run with scissors on occasion.

WOW your one wild and crazy girl :-D My wife won't let me touch ours.