Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sieving honey  (Read 7648 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Sieving honey
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 01:28:41 pm »
Jim. If temps higher than 104 begins destroying the medicinal properties of honey, then what happens to beekeepers whose summer months hit 110 degrees?
Ooh, good question!

Yes good question, and another question. If the mighty mite varroa treatment is 106?F for 160 minutes each application, would the 110 temperature areas of the world automatically be varroa free? 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 01:54:31 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:58 pm »
Out side temp are not a problem in a strong hive because the bees will keep the temperature down at approximately 95 degrees.
When they cannot, especially in natural hives, the wax starts dropping.
I did a cutout recently where it actually happened. What a mess.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BAHBEEs

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »
What Jim said.

My bees are chugging though water at astonishing rates right now, and little is for "drinking".  Although next Monday is the 1st day of fall, we hit 100 yesterday!  Most of that water goes to create essentially a swamp chiller inside the hive.  That queen stays around the mid 90s no matter what!

Barry

anything