MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > MOVIES

The Matrix movies.

(1/2) > >>

Kathyp:
Back in the day I tried to get into them.  Failed.

I got HBOmax to replace Netflix and decided to try the movies again.  I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they were so popular?  I love some of the actors in them, but the movies themselves kinda stink. 

The15thMember:
I think the first Matrix is really good.  The second one is GARBAGE, and the third one is meh.  I haven't seen the new fourth one, and I probably only will if I'm really bored.  I can't see picking up the series this far after the fact working at all.  I haven't watched the first one in a while, except for the "There is no spoon" part, which I always seem to catch on TV for some reason.  What specifically don't you like about them, particularly the first one?     

Kathyp:
The first one was interesting because it was a unique storyline.  It had a lot of promise.  The second one was confusing and seemed to be a lot of jumping around and hitting people.  I have not gotten farther and don't remember if I watched the 3rd on in the 1st place.

They are such popular movies and I just don't get it   :grin:

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Kathyp on May 16, 2022, 08:57:38 pm ---The first one was interesting because it was a unique storyline.  It had a lot of promise.  The second one was confusing and seemed to be a lot of jumping around and hitting people.  I have not gotten farther and don't remember if I watched the 3rd on in the 1st place.

They are such popular movies and I just don't get it   :grin:

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I get what you mean.  I think they really rode on the success of the first one and didn't allow it to develop into anything meaningful after that.  Perhaps it was the kind of thing that would have been better without any sequels at all.

By the way, if you've got HBO Max now, I don't know if you are into superhero movies at all, but I can't recommend Zack Snyder's DC movies enough.  They are so deep and intelligent, absolute top of the genre in my opinion.       

Kathyp:
Thanks for the rec.  I had given up on most of the DC TV stuff because they seemed to be sacrificing story content for agenda.  I used to love those shows so I'll give DC another go.  Maybe the movies are better than the TV series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version