Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Deer Flies  (Read 1932 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Deer Flies
« on: May 20, 2023, 09:45:43 pm »
I just spent 30 minutes in my breezeway shooting deer flies with my Bug-A-Salt. I started just at sunset until it started to get dark. I started putting the dead ones in a pile where one of my local lizards hunts. They are very good at catching flies right out of the air. The deer flies kept coming in. Several times I had to shoot my own feet to get them. A lot of them did not land off of the breezeway cement so I couldn?t find them. Probably half of them.
By my count there are about 50 deer flies and one green fly in the picture.
Here is a picture of the Bug-A-Salt. I kill a lot of flies of all different types with it.

Jim Altmiller

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Deer Flies
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 09:50:26 pm »
Jim my Brother-in-Law loves his Bug-A-Salt.!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Deer Flies
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 10:32:45 pm »
I have suddenly been seeing those things everywhere, they must be very popular.

I just spent 30 minutes in my breezeway shooting deer flies with my Bug-A-Salt. I started just at sunset until it started to get dark. I started putting the dead ones in a pile where one of my local lizards hunts.
With that many flies, you'll have a lizard tamed in no time!  :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.