Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lilyhammer on Netflix  (Read 2648 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Lilyhammer on Netflix
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:12:26 am »
I'm just reposting this from Facebook - someone asked about a new series they can bing watch on Netflix - here is my suggestion.

Okay, if you were a Sopranos fan, and you don't mind doing a fair amount of subtitles - LILYHAMMER is a great series. It's definitively a comedy, much like the humor the Sopranos fitted into that series - Pauly is even in this series in an episode - as a Priest of all things.Staring Steven Van Zandt who played Silvio the manager of BadaBing - he plays in this 3 season show a mob guy (too reminiscent of his Sopranos character) turned Federal witness against the mob and he asks to be witness protected to Lilyhammer, Norway, which he fell in love with watching their Winter Olympics on TV - they grant him his wish and he starts a comical jaunt into opening a night-club, racketeering, and melding into their culture - honestly very very funny, the season two finally brings up the Sopranos in a very ingenious way. EXCELLENT SERIES. Mind you, I don't like reading TV, but Norwegians are better listeners of English than speakers, so we get to struggle through the language with him. Great series, I hope someone tries it out.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Lilyhammer on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:25:27 pm »
We watched all 3 seasons so far.  Also recommend it for comedy.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944