Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Grapes  (Read 2575 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Grapes
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:51:25 am »
Has anyone grown non muscidine/scupanine grapes in the deep south?

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Grapes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »
I've never heard the term "non" muscidine/sucapanine (scuppernongs) used before. I have a grape vine that my grandfather planted in the 50s/60s. I also grow a couple different varieties of scuppernongs. I pronounce it scuppernines, but if you try to google that you'll have a hard time.

Grapes are subject to coming down with Pierce's disease if you don't have a variety that's resistance. Also around here birds will clean your grape clock if you don't watch them. They don't seem to bother the scuppernongs.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:54 pm »
I just like the look of bunch grapes. i have some bird nettings left over from when I grew strawberries. I am looking at the Niagra and Mars grapes. Petals from the Past sells the Niagra so I know it will grow around here.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 08:36:36 am »
They have a you tube video about Daytona Bunch(?) grapes. Man those clusters looked awesome.

Chilton county has the agriculture expo I think the first weekend in August. I've never been but I'm planning on making it this go 'round. The Chilton county beekeepers association will have a tent set up there. Lots of different agriculture related things will be there.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:47:18 am »
Here's the link to the expo, I think it's down from Petals from the Past;

http://mg.aces.edu/chilton/events/crec-expo-3/

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »
I will plan on making that. My gardening/bee keeping is getting to big to not try to get some professional help