ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Found Some Sorghum!

(1/2) > >>

The15thMember:
We went to a local orchard today and got a bunch of local produce.  We got 1 peck of Honey Crisp apples, 1 dozen ears of corn, a quart of blackberries, some apple butter, and nestled amongst the local honey we found some sorghum!  We've never had sorghum before, but I remember some of you recommending trying it.  We tasted it, just on our fingers, and we think it's good, but what exactly do you do with this stuff?  Can any of you southern rednecks help a yankee out with ideas on how to best use it?  :grin: 

paus:
Try it jut like any syrup on hot biscuits or pancakes o0r make a pecan pie with it. I like to be country and "sop" it with a hot buttered biscuit.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---Can any of you southern rednecks help a yankee out with ideas on how to best use it?  :grin:
--- End quote ---

From this 'Southerner' to My 'Yankee' Friend:  :cheesy:
Pause has it. Use it on home made 'cat head' biscuits, cut in half horizontally, add 'fresh churned' butter between the halves, melting in the middle and oozing out the sides. Once the butter is melted separate the halves and pour it on! Outstanding!
If you have 'fried quail' to add on the side, even more the better! Enjoy!

Phillip

Michael Bush:
Put it on anything you would put syrup, honey or jelly on....

The15thMember:
All delicious sounding ideas everyone!  Let the experimentation commence!  :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version