Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Those bloody yanks, cant unnerstan plain english!  (Read 11116 times)

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
Re: Those bloody yanks, cant unnerstan plain english!
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 01:32:18 am »
... been stewing over this last post of yours, Cap'n, for days now.
This as my attempt to lighten the 'mood' your post set was deleted by Admin
on complaint. Whomsoever complained sure had no problem with _your use_
of word munging, something I find a tad weird, but whatever. :shrug:

I post to ask you request Admin remove your post from what was a
fun thread, the mood of which your word use alters.
.... no biggee in the whole game, yet you could show you intend only to add
value to the forum, a way foward all could be working towards.
I expect my post would also be removed, in kind.

Thanks.

Bill

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 05:17:31 am »
... been stewing over this last post of yours, Cap'n, for days now.
This as my attempt to lighten the 'mood' your post set was deleted by Admin
on complaint. Whomsoever complained sure had no problem with _your use_
of word munging, something I find a tad weird, but whatever. :shrug:

I post to ask you request Admin remove your post from what was a
fun thread, the mood of which your word use alters.
.... no biggee in the whole game, yet you could show you intend only to add
value to the forum, a way foward all could be working towards.
I expect my post would also be removed, in kind.

Thanks.

Bill

It was not meant to upset anyone.........and as a matter of fact, I am sick of you Aussie bleep that think you are better than everyone else, the title you chose for this could have used a better choice of words.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 06:04:35 am »
OK, you two children go set in the corner for a few days and cool off, then come back and relax. We are all here to have fun. Sure things will heat up at times, but just back off for a bit and let them cool.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 06:41:32 am »
"OK, you two children go set in the corner for a few days and cool off, then come back and relax"

... did that, got the T-shirt and wore the flak.

Quite clearly it is the person who complained you now address, another who,  in not having an iota of  "International" concepts, never got the thrust of the topic nor my attempt to nicely rejoin the Capn's "nip at heels" of a poster long gone.
Frankly I find your post equally as ignorant as the Cap'ns I politely asked the man to request deletion of. Given the site naming clearly is set aside for people of all nations AND the forum (name) the Cap'n now further inflames  - in lieu of simply having the comment deleted - a body has to wonder if any of the currennt subscribed posters even know there exists a whole bee world outside of the 53 States... one in which there bee few "children" who stoop to taking umbrage over a word use as "Yanks".
Has one wondering what the reaction would bee had Mick used "Seppos"!!

Not making any demands as such but it would be nice if some put their xenophobia away and played nice... jes sayin' like.

Regards.

Bill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 06:53:15 am »
""Frankly I find your post equally as ignorant ""

Yep, I be ignorant, but I've not been banned.  :tongue:

I'm just trying to keep you both on the forum. I hate to see good beeks kicked off only because they can't control their anger.

To you Aussies, I'm a yank. Being from N. C., I'm a reb, redneck, or hillbilly. Anything but a yankee. Don't make no difference to me.
One thing for sure, a post from a complete stranger thousands of miles away isn't going to keep me from using a website I like. It's too easy to ignore the few harsh posts, especially when I'm as """ignorant""" as I am.   :wink:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 07:29:30 am »
"Yep, I be ignorant, but I've not been banned."

Where is there any mention of "banned"... I asked the guy to request deletion of a comment I myself found offensive at that time in that context.
Where it was okay for complaint to see my work deleted than surely the origin can also be redressed? No?

"I'm just trying to keep you both on the forum. I hate to see good beeks kicked off only because they can't control their anger.
To you Aussies, I'm a yank. Being from N. C., I'm a reb, redneck, or hillbilly. Anything but a yankee. Don't make no difference to me."

Nor I nor the thread participants prior to the Cap'n stepping all over it.. as you would read had you read and understood the thread.
Where it is bees (topic) and bees alone I am only too happy to accept another's POV where that work adds value to a thread. But on social engineering of the brand being put about in this thread now..?..I stand by my comments and will not be "piled on".
I have/did "man up" in wearing the deletion of just and fair comment... yet the motivator still stands, and you want to argue for that?
"Bless me" is the saying, I believe :-/

Regards.

Bill

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:53:23 am »
OK. This is a very good time for stopping this!

I was the mod handling your message. I am sorry for not replying. That was forgottend between other obligations and the forum move to a new server. I should have replied.

The post you referred to was border line.  Your post had the word completely written out just with an other letter as the first letter. Any child would get that. I have removed the word you referred to now.

But I can't see any good progress of this thread. We have a tradition for not letting problems escalate, so please consider what you write. I will close this thread very soon if this continue, and use stronger methods if necessary. I am Norwegian and have absolutely no side to defend, but I am here for the beekeeping. Don't forget the passion we share and that we are all here for the positive experience.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 09:40:49 am »
"I was the mod handling your message. I am sorry for not replying. That was forgottend between other obligations and the forum move to a new server. I should have replied."

No worries, all good.

"The post you referred to was border line. Your post had the word completely written out just with an other letter as the first letter. Any child would get that. I have removed the word you referred to now."

T'was alI was asking, eivindm. Done, let's do move on.

Cheers.

Bill

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 01:32:00 pm »
Bravo testosterone and the bucket of ice water!!   :cool:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:36 pm »

Every thing is easy in hindsight, I should have advised the young Aussie Mick at the time to post into the Humour thread as that what was his intention then. I had spent some time conversing with him on Ventrilo in those days and one of his favorite sports was trying to tug my chain over our differences in supported football teams but it was all taken in the spirit of stirring ! !
      I shivered at the thought of your testosterone and ice water Kathy.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
I shivered at the thought of your testosterone and ice water Kathy.

Lol.  In a good way I hope   :grin:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 08:45:17 pm »

Bravo testosterone and the bucket of ice water!!   :cool:
:grin:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 09:33:02 am »
This thread is now locked!

First of all the DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING forum was established to specifically discuss seasonal beekeeping for our Australia/New Zealand members since they are seasonally offset by 6 months with out USA members.  If the topic is not beekeeping related, it belongs in the COFFEE HOUSE.

Secondly, this post was originally from 2009 and was recently revived and has since gotten out of hand.   Once again I refer everyone to the forum By Laws,  specifically:

RULE 2) BE KIND and INTERACT, NOT REACT. AGREE TO DISAGREE EVEN IF ATTACKED BY ANOTHER MEMBER - WE WILL HANDLE THE OTHER MEMBER.

If you don't agree with someone's view, EXPRESS your views rather than tear down theirs. You have the option on EVERY POST to report that post to Moderators, use this to quickly make us aware of a possible problem, we will take it from there.

Be kind to other members, do not put them down, bait them into fighting or do anything to create a fight whether in open forum or private messaging. Trashing another member will surely lead you toward the banishment door quickly. New members are expected to abide by the same rules as seasoned members. We believe that Ignorance of a rule is NO excuse to break it you are expected to read the bylaws and strictly abide by them.

This is the 2nd time in a few weeks I have had to make this reminder after years of no issues. This will be the last friendly reminder.  If this continues,  members will get official warnings and potentially temporary or permanent ban.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

anything