Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My wife is going nuts  (Read 3781 times)

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
Re: My wife is going nuts
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 11:04:26 pm »
I?ll bet the sun is so bright you have to use sun block to keep the skin from tanning.  My clustered bees will be freed soon, very soon..... I hope.

Enjoy you Southern beeks, enjoy.
Well we need drones,
And varroa populations increase much more rapidly with drone brood,
So it's a knife with no hilt, because even if we the mite count was way low in November, real spring flow isn't until ... mid April and that's about the time the infestation will cross threshold to interfere... but then we're supered up... You get my point.
I will gloat now tho, because it feels good.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 02:40:35 pm »
SUNSHINE, yes, today in the sixties and my bees are flying.  Been a while since I have seen such a beautiful day as this.  Long overdue.  I have one hive with no activity on entrance, however the air is to cold to open the hive.  I keep a close eye on this hive, but it does not look good.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16:22 am »
Van,
Is the sun hitting the side of the hive. If not it may make a difference. Also a small cluster way not break out if the honey around it is chilled.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline little john

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:01 am »
Van, good luck with that one - I share your concerns, but - you might just be lucky.

Interesting quote you're using originating from MB.  I was staggered when I first read his post - is beekeeping really so bipolar in attitude when it comes to varroa treatments ?
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 02:36:46 pm »
The hive with no bees at the entrance is doing fine.  For what ever reason this particular hive will stay clustered when all other hives flying say 50F.  But if sunshine and above 55F this particular hive appears well, with over a dozen guards closing watching entrance with is reduced to 3/4 inch.

To cold as of 3/8/18, so I cannot inspect any hives, but all hives flying,
 on warm days.
Blessings