Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Got Honey???  (Read 3770 times)

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Got Honey???
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:53:04 pm »
Any one in the central/south Georgia or north Florida got barrel of honey for sale?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Got Honey???
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:11:44 pm »
Asprince,
I am sending you a PM with someone that might have a barrel of honey. If he does not have it, I can probably find a noted beek who might help.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:14 pm »
Jim, if you find one, send me his info, too. I need a drum.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:32:32 pm »
Check your messages. I sent it. I pad acted like it never sent but I think it did.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 08:34:04 am »
No message here.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »
Ok,
I now have sent PM to both of you.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:37:54 pm »
If Joe cannot help you, let me know. I know of another beek in Jacksonville that might have a couple of barrels.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »
I just called Joe. He bought barrels of honey from Griffis Brothers Honey  in Fargo GA. Their number is 912-637-5324. This honey is heat treated.
I also called another beek, Larry, who may also have a few barrels and I left a message for him to call back. I will let you know when he calls back.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »
Thanks
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 07:23:34 pm »
sawdustmaker: did you ever hear from your other source?

Steve

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »
Steve,
I just talked to Larry. His bees are hardly making any honey. Gallberry lasted less than 2 weeks and he did not make any off of Tupelo. We had a bad cold spell right in the middle of it.
I called another friend and he has 4 barrels from last year but he his holding tight to it to see what happens to the price of it.
Your best bet is the honey house in Fargo.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »
This local honey shortage will open the door for more imported honey.

Steve

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 11:05:48 pm »
My season never started.... :angry: Will be none here
John 3:16

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 10:13:30 pm »