MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > GREETINGS/TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

Newbee first year

(1/3) > >>

quietmorning:
Hello, I'm getting my first Nuc in March and will get another in April.  This has been a long planned for, patiently waited process - and as all things, it didn't go exactly as planned, but it's going exactly as it should go. 

I am starting out in 2 Langstroth Hives, but I have 4 Slovenian AZ hives and 2 Layen hives waiting for me to mature as a beekeeper.  I've wanted to keep bees since I was 4 - we skipped a generation, but there is beekeeping in my family - (grandfather, great grandfather) and I want to bring it back for my grandchildren and for myself.  I'm finally there - and now all I can think about is how many years do I have before I can't any longer - and wishing I started in my teens, instead.   :cheesy:

My son is also interested in beekeeping - so I hope to let him gain experience with my hives until he is able to have his own.

Otherwise, nice to meet you.  I'm a Tennessian - and currently we are under about 6 inches of snow and ice that we haven't seen in a good decade. 

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: quietmorning on February 18, 2021, 07:26:34 pm ---Hello, I'm getting my first Nuc in March and will get another in April.  This has been a long planned for, patiently waited process - and as all things, it didn't go exactly as planned, but it's going exactly as it should go. 

I am starting out in 2 Langstroth Hives, but I have 4 Slovenian AZ hives and 2 Layen hives waiting for me to mature as a beekeeper.  I've wanted to keep bees since I was 4 - we skipped a generation, but there is beekeeping in my family - (grandfather, great grandfather) and I want to bring it back for my grandchildren and for myself.  I'm finally there - and now all I can think about is how many years do I have before I can't any longer - and wishing I started in my teens, instead.   :cheesy:

My son is also interested in beekeeping - so I hope to let him gain experience with my hives until he is able to have his own.

Otherwise, nice to meet you.  I'm a Tennessian - and currently we are under about 6 inches of snow and ice that we haven't seen in a good decade. 

--- End quote ---

quietmorning Welcome to beekeeping and welcome to beemaster. I have a similar story, My Uncle kept bees when I was younger and like you, I had always wanted my own. I think you will enjoy your membership here. It is good that your son is also interested. A great way to spend family time in my opinion. Have you been reading here for any period of time? Again welcome.

quietmorning:
Hi, Ben Framed - I actually just found this forum while looking for an extractor for my layens hives.  I do read more on forums that post - unless I'm asking questions.  I have a long way to go before I can suggest anything to any one. :)

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: quietmorning on February 18, 2021, 07:49:41 pm ---Hi, Ben Framed - I actually just found this forum while looking for an extractor for my layens hives.  I do read more on forums that post - unless I'm asking questions.  I have a long way to go before I can suggest anything to any one. :)

--- End quote ---

> I have a long way to go before I can suggest anything to any one. :)

Me too, lol. I don't suggest much as compared to the questions I ask.  You will find a lot of really good information here and good people to match. There are all levels of beekeeping experience here.

BeeMaster2:
Welcome to Beemaster.
We enjoy answering your questions.
Jim Altmiller

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version