BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > NATURAL & ORGANIC BEEKEEPING METHODS

Some Thoughts on Natural and Organic Beekeeping

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: Acebird on August 22, 2020, 09:20:31 am ---I don't see anything natural about tearing out comb from a tree. I see it as more of a potential risk of destroying a hive. About the only thing I see about using hive boxes and frames that is not natural is that the bees don't initially choose the space.  In the long run they do.  It is not until you add foundation and chemicals that it becomes unnatural.

--- End quote ---

Mr Bear might not agree with you about tearing comb out of a tree. I suppose he is a natural born animal?  Naturally a lover of honey? Doing what a natural born animal, born free in nature, which loves honey might do? tearing out comb from a tree?  lol. I do not think he would mind destroying a hive in this natural setting.
Just kidding Ace. I could not resist. I see your point. lol. Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ben Framed:
Thanks for your thoughts SiWolKe

SiWolKe:
Some questions:

is natural the same as organic?

a bear ( or woodpecker) taking apart a hive, can he be compared with man? His intent is coincidental? whereas the humans`is intentional?

Organic farming IME is not natural. Natural would be collecting weeds and herbs for food. Organic husbandry IME is not natural. Natural would be hunting.

Organic farming and husbandry orientates on natural circumstances and avoids chemicals, but not all. EU organic products allow a percentage of non organic ingredients.

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: SiWolKe on August 23, 2020, 03:58:56 am ---Some questions:

is natural the same as organic?

a bear ( or woodpecker) taking apart a hive, can he be compared with man? His intent is coincidental? whereas the humans`is intentional?

Organic farming IME is not natural. Natural would be collecting weeds and herbs for food. Organic husbandry IME is not natural. Natural would be hunting.

Organic farming and husbandry orientates on natural circumstances and avoids chemicals, but not all. EU organic products allow a percentage of non organic ingredients.

--- End quote ---

Answer: (NATURAL & ORGANIC BEEKEEPING METHODS) is the title of this heading in this section, in which we are now posting, the introduction of this heading was recognized in honor for this new topic. "Some Thoughts on Natural and Organic Beekeeping". Beekeeping as close to natural as you can get, is the theme of this topic.

I will not repute or shun your thoughts of farming, hunting, weeds or woodpeckers or other thoughts you may have, as spin off subjects. Therefore I politely ask that do you not redirect or hijack this topic, leading down a different avenue than was intended. I will remind you. Your thoughts and new subjects have proper headings in the FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE, GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE, and OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM headings.

These unrelated thoughts on ways of farming, weeds, hunting and nature, are very interesting. Each has the making for potentially very interesting conversation spinoff themes and topics. Each should be welcomed as new topics for the subjects in which you are interested in discussing. There is plenty of opportunity to discuss those subjects there. Farming, weeds, hunting, birds etc. I look forward to your, (breath of fresh air), new topics.

.

Acebird:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on August 23, 2020, 02:33:02 am ---Mr Bear might not agree with you about tearing comb out of a tree.

--- End quote ---
The bear is an opportunist.  He/she does not intend for the hive to continue.
"Natural and Organic"  I suspect you will find in the archives many ideas and comments on this subject.  Along with a lot of arguments on what it is and isn't.  If you are interested in managed hives as close to natural and organic one would have to come up with a list of manipulations and put each task up to a vote on whether or not it fits the topic.  It is almost impossible to discuss it without argument.  A vote would tell you what most people think on the subject.
I consider my style of beekeeping strongly natural but not organic because I have no control what so ever on where they go or what they get and bring back to the hive.  My neighbor has beehives (probably where my swarm came from) and I do not have any idea what he is doing or has done to those hives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version