MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE SPORTS BAR

SEC Football

(1/15) > >>

VolunteerK9:
Well, my beloved Gamecocks fell to Auburn this past weekend but as luck would have it Florida fell to the Crimson Tide. Important to me because the Gamecocks and Gators are now 4-1 teams in the SEC East Division and Im hoping to see S. Carolina make it to the SEC Championship again this year. Keeping my fingers crossed. Alabama looks phenomenal though-they are going to be a tough team to beat.

David McLeod:
It pained me to see the gamecocks fall to the the aubies. I was hoping to see the Old Ball Coach run the table for an opportunity to see them in Atlanta. Problem is that with Garcia under center that was is never going to happen, he's a friggen headcase. If Spurrier has a fatal flaw it's his loyalty to his quarterback, it's cost him more than one game in his career. This year it'll cost him a shot at Bama.
Probably for the good though as I expect Garcia would wet his pants in front of the defense of the Tide.

VolunteerK9:

--- Quote from: David McLeod on October 03, 2011, 01:05:56 pm ---I Problem is that with Garcia under center that was is never going to happen, he's a friggen headcase. If Spurrier has a fatal flaw it's his loyalty to his quarterback, it's cost him more than one game in his career. This year it'll cost him a shot at Bama.
Probably for the good though as I expect Garcia would wet his pants in front of the defense of the Tide.

--- End quote ---

The only thing I can figure out about why Spurrier keeps him, Garcias parents, Grandparents, someone must be a serious, Alumni contributor. He's horrible. I think he's leading the nation in interceptions already and the season has barely started. ESPN's site has got a Spurrier quote on that says 'expect changes in SC's offense'. They need it and soon.

BlueBee:
I watched part of the Florida / Bama game.  The Gators looked horrible!  When is Charlie Weiss going to get that offense going?  Like he did at Notre Dame :-D

VolunteerK9:

--- Quote from: BlueBee on October 03, 2011, 02:42:50 pm ---I watched part of the Florida / Bama game.  The Gators looked horrible!  When is Charlie Weiss going to get that offense going?  Like he did at Notre Dame :-D

--- End quote ---

Well...my humble .02 is that the program was so totally built around a Tebow style of offense that they have forgotten what life was like before they got him. I think they are having to start all over again from scratch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version