Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cold snap  (Read 2882 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Cold snap
« on: March 14, 2017, 05:43:33 pm »
I assume I will lose most of my blueberries, figs, and pears this year. The wild blackberries were blooming out. They are probably also gone. Thank goodness my peaches have not bloomed out yet nor have my domesticated blackberries. The mulberry trees was starting to set out but most of it had not as of yet. The apples are still to young for me to let them fruit so it is not a big deal about them. I am super sad about the figs though. Two years in a row a freeze will get them

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Cold snap
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:40:58 am »
It was 24 at my house this morning, I'm not sure what Montgomery had. We should have a cold snap the first week in April if the old folklore "Thunder in February, frost in April" holds true.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:07:00 am »
It was 24 at my house this morning, I'm not sure what Montgomery had. We should have a cold snap the first week in April if the old folklore "Thunder in February, frost in April" holds true.
  The highs for the last week with 25 degrees. Hope you're enjoying the cold weather hahaha Maybe you should come to Vermont to go skiing or snowboarding.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:31:04 pm »
Like I've said many times before, my hat's off to you northern beeks. The last couple of winters have been mild and different. I had a "healthy" swarm of bees on 23 Feb 17. That just don't happen.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 09:32:17 am »
It got down in the upper 20's not sure of the exact temp. It knocked back my grapes, figs, and pomegranates. The rest seem to be ok.

anything