Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Homemade wax press  (Read 3335 times)

Online Lesgold

• Queen Bee
Re: Homemade wax press
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 02:22:34 am »
Hi Bill

My cylinder is about 8 1/2 inches in diameter and about 10 1/2 inches high. Just keep in mind that the larger the diameter, the greater the force required to press the wax. A 12 inch diameter cylinder would require double the force to achieve the same pressing pressure.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2022, 01:29:09 pm »
Bill what are your needs in accordance to the volume of wax which you will be pressing?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 03:30:12 pm »
last year I had 140 lbs of finished rendered wax. from cappings. I normally let those cappings drain for a day in capping trays. then the cappings are washed and rendered. My thought was to press the cappings then render.(cut out the rinsing part) Also all the slumgum can then be pressed also. Then if Im feeling overly ambitious I would make another for old wax, and the slumgum.

One thing about my conversion from 10 frame supers to 8 frame, as more supers go to 8 frame I have seen a consistent drop in finished wax. Also add to this my daughter does the uncapping by hand and she has also gotten better at it so that might have to do with the drop also.

anything