BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Beeswax Wraps

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ben Framed:
Interesting.  What is sanitizing process?

Phillip

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on March 28, 2022, 07:26:58 pm ---Interesting.  What is sanitizing process?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
What do you mean? 

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on March 28, 2022, 07:58:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ben Framed on March 28, 2022, 07:26:58 pm ---Interesting.  What is sanitizing process?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
What do you mean?

--- End quote ---

From Les: "Its used as an alternative to cling wrap to keep food fresh in the refrigerator. They are very popular in Australia and are continuing to gain acceptance as an alternative to plastics."

It is not uncommon for food to touch cling wrap from time to time when food is covered for storage. Whether placed in the refrigerator for storage or carried to a picnic. Any juice from any food, be it vegetables or grease from fried chicken for example, which might come into contact with the wrap will create the need for the wrap to be sanitized before re-use? What is the sanitizing process? Being beeswax is involved I would think the options are limited? How do you sanitize these wraps from use to use?

Phillip

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on March 28, 2022, 10:06:34 pm ---From Les: "Its used as an alternative to cling wrap to keep food fresh in the refrigerator. They are very popular in Australia and are continuing to gain acceptance as an alternative to plastics."

It is not uncommon for food to touch cling wrap from time to time when food is covered for storage. Whether placed in the refrigerator for storage or carried to a picnic. Any juice from any food, be it vegetables or grease from fried chicken for example, which might come into contact with the wrap will create the need for the wrap to be sanitized before re-use? What is the sanitizing process? Being beeswax is involved I would think the options are limited? How do you sanitize these wraps from use to use?

Phillip

--- End quote ---
Oh, I see what you mean.  You can clean them with cold soapy water apparently.  You can't use hot water, as the wax will melt.  I've heard that the wax mixture can wear off over time, but you can reapply the wax mixture to the cloth if needed.  I'd imagine you wouldn't want to use them with anything that was overly messy or smelly.   

Jim134:

--- Quote from: Jim 134 on March 28, 2022, 06:11:35 am ---I was in Brattleboro, Vermont USA. At a food coop store. Believe it or not is located in Malfunction Junction..   LOL

--- End quote ---
:cheesy:  I wonder how that place got it's name!

Phillip

If you ever get to  Brattleboro, Vermont USA  Main Street .. You will definitely understand... Especially if there's a freight train coming.. It's a 5 corner Junction.. With 2 major businesses opening into it... And when you have a freight train change CARS on the  Railway sideting. This should take you up to an hour or  Longer... To get through this mess...
LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim134   :smile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version