Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sunburn Ointment  (Read 3422 times)

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Sunburn Ointment
« on: March 20, 2022, 01:19:04 pm »
I love this recipe for sunburn ointment.  I get sunburned very easily in the summer, so I use it all the time.  It's extremely simple to make, and it really helps to soothe and heal the sunburn.  I keep it in the fridge so that it can help to cool the burn, and if refrigerated it keeps really long.  I've had a jar in my fridge for almost 2 years, and it's the same as it was when I made it, as long as I give it a stir.  It is pretty sticky so I usually wrap the sunburn if it's on an arm or leg, or if it's on my back I just wear an old t-shirt and let it stick down to my body.  The ointment comes out of clothes in the wash no problem.  I got this recipe from The Book of Honey by Jenni Fleetwood, but I modified the instructions slightly.

Ingredients
20 mL/4 tsp. beeswax granules (I melt my beeswax and measure it liquid) 
60 mL/4 tbsp. honey
10 mL/2 tsp. aloe vera or wheat germ oil (I use aloe juice because I have it on hand for another recipe)

1. Melt beeswax and warm honey and aloe/wheat germ oil. 

2. Combine ingredients and stir well, warming again over bain marie or in microwave if necessary to re-melt the beeswax.  Transfer into a wide-mouthed jar and store in the fridge. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Sunburn Ointment
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 02:31:42 pm »
I forgot to mention that I've also used this on normal burns even up to 2nd degree, and it's great for that too.  I burned my finger really badly on a roasted marshmallow last summer, and this really made it feel better and heal quickly.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything