BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Anyone want to get high?

(1/4) > >>

David McLeod:

That's a 36 footer leaning against the wall. The bees are directly above in the soffit. The inside has a floor at the second level and open all the way to the ceiling/roof. This is a church and all the interior walls are t&g western red. Any options other than a 60 foot articulated lift?

AllenF:
Lots of scaffold sections.  Lots.   I would get a 60' boom.  I was on a 35' all day today.   Wished I had a 60'.  Just not to have to move around so much. 

Don't forget the delivery fee with the big lift rentals  in the estimate. 

David McLeod:
Yep, lift it is. Going to make for an interesting cutout. I usually like to set up with my cutting table right next to me a cut and band as I go, not an option on this one I guess.
Now figure this, I just bought fifty foot of pool hose yesterday and the very next job I look at and I still come up short. Go figure.

AllenF:
Cut you a 4' square plywood to place (u bolt, plastic ties, or rope it down) on the top rail on half of the basket to place everything you are working with.   beats having to bend down every 30 seconds.   And you can still keep the bottom of that side of the basket to keep stuff.   

And don't forget your safety harness.   

David McLeod:
Great idea, I'll do it but I am quite sure I'll drop half of the stuff I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version