MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > CLUB MEETING, CONFERENCES, GATHERINGS, SEMINARS and EVENTS

BeeFest 2021 canceled

(1/3) > >>

BeeMaster2:
My wife and I have talked about this and decided that we will not bee able to do BeeFest this year due to COVID.
Hopefully next year we will bee able to do it.
Jim Altmiller

Bob Wilson:
Glenna and I understand completely and support you, but we regret it. Beefest 2020 really helped us as new beekeepers, and we were looking forward to it. We had a wonderful time last year. You were lovely hosts, were very generous, and were a great encouragement in our beekeeping.

BeeMaster2:
Thanks Bob. We enjoy having BeeFest.
Jim Altmiller

JurassicApiary:
Understandable but sorry to hear nonetheless.  I hope to perhaps join you all at a future BeeFest.

Bill Murray:
Sorry to hear that Jim. Marley and I were looking forward to it. It was nice to get different perspectives on things. My takeaways from last year were this. 1) after many years im back to marking queens again.Well see if I keep that up after this season.  2) I built a bunch of double screen bottoms out of old feeder lids, used them for fall splits, and was happy with the outcome. 3) This year I am grafting queens instead of letting them make their own.  Allows me better control, I think? 4) Am running 11 frames in all brood-nests, that was an interesting change. Between Marley and beefest  I found rebooting is a good idea once in a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version