BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > CRAFTING CORNER

Dipping tapers

<< < (6/7) > >>

hardwood:
You could easily rig something to catch any drips but you could clean his pot with hot water anyway. Just do it one day when he's gone fishing! :-D

Scott

WPG:

--- Quote from: BeesNeeds on January 03, 2011, 02:06:27 pm ---. Could I make the disks out of wood instead?
--- End quote ---

You could possibly use a couple of aluminum spoked pulleys with a piece of all-thread and nuts to space them, or a shaft and set screws that fit the center of the pulleys. Drill and file evenly spaced notches for the wick.  Find pulleys that will fit easily what ever size pot you'll use for the melted wax.

Goodluck

Great video, Hardwood
and great to have a nice tuck-ee into beddee after sufficient dehydration prevention. :evil: :-D

ScooterTrash:
appreciate all the youtube videos Hardwood. That's a heck of a pot for the water, how many gallons? Burn a 20lb tank of gas to get water up to temperature?

hardwood:
Wow scoot...dug up an old one! The pot is 30 gal if I recall. Takes about 1/2 hr to get it up to temp. I've got a water jacketed 40 gal SS tank that I made an elec model from but it takes 3-4 hrs to heat.

Scott

Intheswamp:

--- Quote from: hardwood on September 02, 2012, 09:54:00 pm ---Wow scoot...dug up an old one! The pot is 30 gal if I recall. Takes about 1/2 hr to get it up to temp. I've got a water jacketed 40 gal SS tank that I made an elec model from but it takes 3-4 hrs to heat.

Scott

--- End quote ---
It got me interested!!!  :)   I just don't have much wax.  :-\

What's the going price for selling to one of the vendors like Kelleys or Rossman?  My mentor has some that he may sale to this year and I've thought about buying some from him...just don't know what to offer.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version