ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Butchering Our First Goat

<< < (2/7) > >>

Ben Framed:
Member gww has good advise on the deer process. Also, you might want to take a look at the topic Topic: "Any wild hogs in your area?" for a refresher.  Meat prep was part of the discussion there. More good stuff....

Phillip

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: gww on October 02, 2021, 08:45:49 pm ---lots of vidios on you tube.
Cheers
gww

--- End quote ---
I have been looking at YouTube as well.

--- Quote from: BeeMaster2 on October 02, 2021, 09:43:20 pm ---Member,
I never had anyone show me how to dress out an animal. I trapped a opossum at about age 8 and skinned it. Yeas later I dressed out rabbits and pheasants. When I got a deer, the the first time I tried to hang it be the head. It makes it much harder to do. If you have ever skinned an animal you will figure it out.
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---
I'm not overly concerned about it.  As you say, anatomy is anatomy.  I was just trying to flatten the learning curve, if you will, by seeing what I could pick up from others' mistakes or experiences.  Hanging by the head is a good example of that.  I did see some people skinning like that on YouTube, and it looked much more cumbersome. 

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on October 03, 2021, 04:19:15 am ---Member gww has good advise on the deer process. Also, you might want to take a look at the topic Topic: "Any wild hogs in your area?" for a refresher.  Meat prep was part of the discussion there. More good stuff....

Phillip

--- End quote ---
Hey, you're right, there was some talk of meat processing on that thread, I'll go check that out.

Thanks, all!   

The15thMember:
Along a similar vein, does anyone have any good recipes for goat meat?  Venison recipes would work too. 

Ben Framed:
Member; Someone here is bound to have some good stuff for you. I am thinking Alen, (Coolbees).
 As Granny told John Wayne after the Indian attack had subsided on the Clampett Mansion; "Where were you John when we needed you?" 
 :shocked: :cheesy: :wink: lol

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on October 08, 2021, 08:07:08 pm ---Member; Someone here is bound to have some good stuff for you. I am thinking Alen, (Coolbees).
 As Granny told John Wayne after the Indian attack had subsided on the Clampett Mansion; "Where were you John when we needed you?" 
 :shocked: :cheesy: :wink: lol

--- End quote ---
I know!  I was really hoping he would chime in.  It's shame this forum doesn't have the ability to hail people with their handles, like @coolbees.  Maybe if we yell loud enough. . . .
ALAN!!!!
 :cheesy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version