MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > TV SHOWS

American Horror Story - too graphic and Amazon Prime deal.

(1/4) > >>

beemaster:
I'm no prude when it comes to movie/tv pushing the envelope on what they can get away with, but this season (Hotel with Lady Gaga) is just gore and sex. I know it's early and it's interesting seeing all the spins on the returning cast members -but my wife is giving the show one more watch and I think she's pulling the plug.

I know Kathyp will read this, so thanks Kathy for announcing the $66 Amaizon Prime sale - I jumped on that and love the service. The best part is the ability to download movies and series to your devices to watch - so I download prime movies at home, then take them to work to watch without using data. That alone for me pays for prime.

I did buy 2 of the 7 in Fire Generation 5 tablets ($49 each) and it fits in my small cooler bag (6 pack can size) which I have a bluetooth external speaker which rocks da house, all my cable for the phone and my tablet fits in there perfectly. I bought a tablet for Tracey too, it comes today.

The 7 inch size, fast processor and okay graphics is incredible for the money and the size allows easy carry WITHOUT me taking our expensive iPad back and forth - I'm always afraid I'm going to somehow break that even through it's rugged case, so having everything in one small bag is perfect.

Last thought, my phone plan allows for my phone to be a wifi hotspot, so the 7 ince is my surfing beast at work, not my iPhone 5 - it's amazing the difference in size. So Kathy, between the Fire 7s, cases, screen protectors, bluetooth speaker, 8 foot usb/mini usb cables, spare power source and everything else crammer in the bag - I'm a happy man when all is quiet at work.

Kathyp:
I jumped on that too.  It's pretty nice to need something, order it, and have it in two days!  I suspect I will save the money in free shipping over Christmas.

I confess I don't download many movies unless I am traveling, but it is a +.  The Prime music is great.  I have downloaded a bunch of that for when I'm riding or working outside.

Have never watched that series.  I like the suspense type movies, but not much into the gore.

beemaster:
I love Prime, the download movies is as big a sell point to me as the 2 day shipping.

This week, I ordered the Fire 7 for me and Tracey and a friend, plus three cases and two 32gig microSD cards and 2 Armor shield (finger print hiding) screen protectors - I have Armor Shield on all my devices, they are awesome.Plus, a silicone sushi mat, new wok ring, two 8ft USB to Micro USB cables (but I messed up) and they will be picked up by UPS tomorrow.

Imagine jus the refular 5 day shipping on all that stuff, and quickly you see Prime 2 day delivery paying for itself. I got my Fire Sunday, Tracey's today and I just set her's up with the shared Prime account (2 adults and 4 kids allowed) now she needs a bit longer of an intro to the Fire and folder management - on my iPhone 5 I have 784 apps currently, all in just three pages of folders, I can find any app in 2 clicks. Her Samsung S5 looks like someone puked up apps all over, it's a nightmare and she doesn't mind - ugh.

But the Fire she said she wants to keep organized better, she's catching on to having a folder with a handful of apps in the same category, rather than 2 pages of apps all over.

So tomorrow I take my friend's into work to show him how to use it, this is his FIRST smart device, he has an old flip phone and never used a touchscreen before - to say the least, I'm going in 30 minutes early and he's staying 30 minutes late - he wants to be proficient in downloading movies (and streaming over wifi) for when he goes to his timeshare in Myrtle Beach over Thanksgiving. I strongly suggested spending the $11 for a 32gig card, the Fire only has 8gig and only 5gig after the OS is updated. He did order a case though, I can't image not having a case on it. The main reason I bought the Fire was so I didn't have to drag the iPad back and forth, and even with it's case, I'm afraid I'd eventually crunch it in my work bad.

So, I'm digging Prime, being on shift work and having a movie player is a great thing. I have this powerful yet small bluetooth speaker that fills a room with movie audio :)

Kathyp:
Thanks for the info on them memory.  didn't catch that when I looked at it.  I hope they will keep the price where it is because I am kicking around the idea of getting one, but no for a month or two. 

I love the ballistic screen covers.  not only do they work, but they are easier to apply and last longer.  I am pretty hard on my phones doing barn work and stuff, so I spend a bit for the protection.

Let us know how your friend does.  I love it when people get into new tech and are so amazed, but they usually are old hand at it in short order. 

I use Netflix a lot at the gym, but have not gotten into Amazon movies or TV yet.  Only watched one movie on the PC.  I used to download movies from Google when I traveled, but I won't have to do that anymore.

The other thing I like is Dish Anywhere.  I go to bed early, so I DVR all my shows for later.

beemaster:
I was surprised, my coworker stayed from 10:10pm when I arrived til Midnight - unheard of for anyone to hang, even when it benefits them.

After he opened the Fire and case, we put it right in the case and it went through the updates and installs - he had signed up with Amazon and got a free month of Prime just yesterday, so he was all set it sign in.

As it went through updates, I gave him a real good walk through of the buttons, phyical and virtual and what they did, making sure he understood maneuvering - remember, he is tech non-savvy. I showed him how to merge icons into folders, name them, download movies, songs and albums and apps. The case doubles as a movie watching stand and I fine tuned everything in his settings - I replieve him tonight, so he'll have questions.

It is truly his first TOY - he's raise two kids with every divice that's be hot over their 17 years of life, but he never dabbled. Now, he's finially in the 21st Century with the rest of us.

I wanted to mention (twice now) Prime music really is a great service - a bit of a learning curve, but add all the Prime stuff together and you can not beat it even at full price.

And Kathy, I sometimes use my iPad, not often, I usually use my iPhone 5 (which I had my trifocals made to give me razor sharp images at iPhone distance) and never been disappoint: that said, I have not put down my Fire since I got it, it is fast, no frame rate issues, easy to use and a full tablet experience in a 7 inch package. When ever you get one, you'll wonder why you waited so long. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version