Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Saving Private Ryan  (Read 3928 times)

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
Saving Private Ryan
« on: July 25, 2019, 12:28:39 am »
This month, Saving Private Ryan opened in American theaters.  I like that movie and watch it once a year on the anniversary of D-day.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Saving Private Ryan
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 12:25:51 am »
This month, Saving Private Ryan opened in American theaters.  I like that movie and watch it once a year on the anniversary of D-day.

First time I watched it, I thought Captain Miller was there with his family, until it was revealed that it was Private Ryan was the man there with his family. I like the movie also. I am thankful for these brave soldiers who were really involved in this all out war. My family lost a member on Christmas Day in the battle of the bulge . He came home on leave just before Normandy, and told the family that he had a deep feeling that something big was about to take place and he loved them all, and he would not return. He was correct.   
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 05:48:30 am »
I like this movie also.
It is amazing how some people see the future. He was a very brave to return to his unit knowing that he would die during his next battle.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:02:28 am »
I like this movie also.
It is amazing how some people see the future. He was a very brave to return to his unit knowing that he would die during his next battle.
Jim Altmiller

Yes they tried to make it as realistic as could be. But you know Jim. Our boys of WW2 fought and fought and many did not make it and many did. Many survivors went on to the Korean conflict and were killed there, after all they had went through in Europe and al the world. The Big Red One is a good example if I remember correctly.
Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:26:08 pm »
Here is some information about the 1st infantry ?The Big Red One? it doesn?t say about Korea here though. I might have been mistaken about their part in Korea.. I will look further.
Phillip

https://www.historyonthenet.com/1st-infantry-division

anything