BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH

Frame Jig

<< < (2/3) > >>

deknow:
I built mine (and my box jig) like the link michael posted. 

little john:

--- Quote from: sawdstmakr on February 18, 2016, 01:00:07 pm ---I found Scott and Peggy's number and called them.
They are still working on building their house. They are in good health and working their bees.
Scott has lots of videos that when he gets back on he will start uploading.
I can't wait to view them. They makes great bee removal videos. If you want to see a good one, here is their Beelining Video.
Beelining.wmv
Jim
For some reason it is not copying properly but you can copy it and do a search from the home page to see it.

--- End quote ---

For anyone interesed in beelining - here's the full link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dri-7D1bsrs

Jim - thanks for that link - it makes for good watchin'.  Scott comes across as being a really nice guy - great pity about his house - that's a bummer. But, as long as nobody got hurt ...

LJ

BeeMaster2:
LJ,
Thanks for posting the video.

little john:
Bit of an update ...

Although the jig from post #1 was built some time ago, I didn't get around to actually using it until this morning.  As a jig it works like a charm - except - if you're a tad over-generous with the wood glue, it can run down the frame side and glue the frame firmly onto the jig !  Easily fixed - a sheet of plastic wrapped around the jig sides.  I'm sure suitably applied plastic tape would do the same job.

Other than that (very slight) mod - it's been performing perfectly.
LJ

BeeMaster2:
Thanks for the update. You could also put wax on it. To make it easy just wipe some paste wax on the boards and you will not have to play with the plastic.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version