ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Mercury Outboard - Four Stroke

<< < (2/6) > >>

rail:

--- Quote from: AllenF on January 02, 2012, 09:00:13 am ---Have you been running pure gas or corn gas in it?

--- End quote ---

The first two hours on the engine was with 10% corn gas! Just switched to pure gas and it idles a little better now.

Seems there has been issues with the new four stroke outboards and ethanol fuel! :-x

AllenF:
I just put my small chain saw in the shop because of ethanol.    One day it would not hit but half a lick and when I let off the throttle, it died and would not fire again.   Don't let that stuff sit for more than a couple of months.   

don2:
Any thing you have that don't get cranked up and run at least once a week, "DON'T" use corn sipping s in it. Been there, done that. don2

Nimrod:
I have a new Merc 9.9 and I run reg. gas (not 10%) with Sea Foam added.  I have ran this mixture in all my other small engines and it has not failed.

divemaster1963:
I'm a small engine mechanic.
 Gasohol draws moisture like a paper towel. never leave it in your engine more than a week without running it for at least 30 min. because it made from corn it also molds! It will turn the inside of the carburetor green and plug every hole in it. use green stabil with the gas. never buy more gasohol than you can use in a day. when you finish use your equipment run it dry and spray seafoam in the carb and cylinder.  do this and your equipment will last.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version