BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > UK / EUROPEAN BEEKEEPING

Beekeeping in Poland

(1/8) > >>

Polish_beekeeper:
If you have any question about beekeeping in Poland you can ask me. I have apiary in Poland about 9 years and i can tell some things about polish bees, apiary and beekeepers.

Vance G:
Thanks for the invititation to your knowledge.  I have seen eastern europeans uncapping frames at harvest with a heated vee shaped stationary knife that the frames are passed over to cut off the cappings.  Is this a common device?  What do you use?

AllenF:
I would like to hear about the differences between how we keep bees here in the States verses beekeeping methods in Poland. 

Polish_beekeeper:
I have small apiary (18 hives), so I usually uncapping using "apiaries fork". I can't paste photos.
but in big apiaries (80-500) beekeepers using vee shaped stationary knife.This knife is heated be means of steam.
Of course big apiary using also automatic line to uncapping frames but steam knife is most popular.

Polish_beekeeper:

--- Quote from: AllenF on January 22, 2013, 08:19:04 pm ---I would like to hear about the differences between how we keep bees here in the States verses beekeeping methods in Poland. 

--- End quote ---

i dont know how you keep bees in USA. I start learning yours methods. Until I dont learn i cant compare yours and ours method, so better ask me about a particular thing. But in Poland we dont have so big apiary like you. The biggest apiary have circa 4000 hives, but the average size of apiary in Poland is 25 hives. Only 2% beekeepers living from beekeeping. 98% apiaries are hobbyist or allow a little extra money like my apiary;) On autumn i wants to have 35 hives ;). I already have equipment. In may i have to make new bee family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version