Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The New Beginning  (Read 4522 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: The New Beginning
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 12:02:49 pm »
Well Phill I have this thing about treating bees.  I don't know how that is going to go with the inspector.

Good morning Ace.  I understand you are treatment free, ok by me.

FYI: the Italians the Germans rear hives by the thousands treatment free, successfully.  I have been studying their methods very closely.  They create brood breaks, cage the queen, remove capped brood, use trap comb, split.  Time intervals are important.

Also, recently learned: When all capped brood is removed, Varroa change physiology.  When capped brood is available, the Varroa change physiology again.  The point being the change in physiology, a weakness of Varroa, can be exploited to the advantage of the beekeeper, no chemicals are used.

I am changing subject with this post so I am going to cut short and not go into the details of the successful treatment free methods by the beeks across the pond.

Bees can be managed treatment free, nothing to do with small cell nor a special gene pool, that is the so called hygenic bee.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: The New Beginning
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2020, 01:37:19 pm »
I am changing subject with this post so I am going to cut short and not go into the details of the successful treatment free methods by the beeks across the pond.
Perhaps you could start another thread to discuss this more in depth?  I'd be very interested to hear more. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything