Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Early Morning Swarm Removal  (Read 2292 times)

Offline sethreign

• New Bee
Early Morning Swarm Removal
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:36:52 am »

Got a call from a guy that lives rather close to me. He heard about me from the Rotary Club President that I met while giving a presentation last year. This one went without a hitch. I also got to try out my new swarm box. Love it! This was a beautiful swarm although they were a little grumpy. Of course I would be grump if someone was trying to wake me up from a 96 degree bed and throwing me into a 53 degree yard. Hope you all enjoy the pics.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rsderrick/April9th2008
Creativity is the spice of life

Offline DeepCreek

• New Bee
Re: Early Morning Swarm Removal
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »
Nice box and capture.  Love the coaster/lemongrass idea.  Thanks for post the pictures.

Offline Candiebears

• House Bee
    • Candiebees
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:48:34 am »
That's my ultimate goal! I want to catch a swarm!!
Bee patient with me... I just started this March of 2015..

You can follow my excursions on... www.candiebees.com

Offline louisvillega

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 10:30:23 pm »
3:58 PM ?

QuoteModify

Hello. ..I am not a bee keeper nor do I want to be!   I can hear a hive in a tree and wondering if there are folks like ya'll that come and get bees as opposed to calling an exterminator who will kill them.   I am aware of the extinction of bees.  I am not willing or able to mess with them myself.   Please contact me asap if you can either remove them or put me in contact with someone who will.   This is not an issue I have alot of time or money to deal with. .. we havepeople in our family highly sensitiveto insect bites/stings- please help!  renefreedomfighter@gmail.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:44:04 pm »
Talk to a local beekeeper and ask about having the bees there. Your family members are 20 times more likely to be stung by another venomous insect than a honeybee. The bees in the tree are 1 % the danger you imagine them to be. Get the family in a safer physical shape rather than trying to keep the bees away. It is many times more successful.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*