Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Free training for LGBT  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Free training for LGBT
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:42:24 pm »
A shooting range in Houston responded to the Orlando terrorist attack by offering free license to carry traing for members of the LGBT community, expecting to get a few dozen applicants.  To their surprise, more than 550 applied and after a big gulp and OMGs, they agreed to hold more than 10 traing sessions (FREE).  This is a family-owned and operated range.  So far, 94% of the applicants have shown up for the training in two class sessions.  This can't help but bring more supportters for the Second Amendment.  And these additional armed citizens may thwart a future attack.  If just half the shooting ranges in the country would follow the example of the Shiloh Shooting Range, it could make a difference.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Free training for LGBT
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:56:17 pm »
Maybe it will bring more people to the Libertarians as well.  The Republicans have not been their friends and the Democrats are not supporters of freedom.  The Libertarians have no anti-gay agenda and no anti-gun agenda... in fact their only "anti" is they are against loss of liberty...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »
Maybe it will bring more people to the Libertarians as well.  The Republicans have not been their friends and the Democrats are not supporters of freedom.  The Libertarians have no anti-gay agenda and no anti-gun agenda... in fact their only "anti" is they are against loss of liberty...
What a great comment... Most people are libertarians... They just don't know it.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »
So how many straight people went to the classes for free. Did they have to bring their SO and demonstrate they were qualified? If a range advertised that in this area and I wanted the class, I would go. How are they verifying their status?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »
What a great comment... Most people are libertarians... They just don't know it.

Have you ever talked with a "Progressive?". Not one drop of libertarian in a room full of them.  My stepmom is a lifelong "Progressive" and doesn't have a clue about the programs that movement generated.  Look up the history of eugenics and you'll find it originated with the "Progressives" and was adopted by a lovely fellow named Adolf Hitler, who thought it was a great idea.  After they saw their ideas carried to the inevitable end, the "Progressives" dropped eugenics from their agenda.  Thaks, Adolf.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 06:24:49 pm »
>If a range advertised that in this area and I wanted the class, I would go. How are they verifying their status?

They are assuming you won't want to be considered gay unless you really are I guess... but verification does seem problematic...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 10:50:05 am »

Have you ever talked with a "Progressive?". Not one drop of libertarian in a room full of them.  My stepmom is a lifelong "Progressive" and doesn't have a clue about the programs that movement generated.  Look up the history of eugenics and you'll find it originated with the "Progressives" and was adopted by a lovely fellow named Adolf Hitler, who thought it was a great idea.  After they saw their ideas carried to the inevitable end, the "Progressives" dropped eugenics from their agenda.  Thaks, Adolf.
No, they did not drop it from their agenda.  They merely hid it within other "Me First" scams.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 09:05:47 am »
iddee, you can go.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 09:10:21 am »
I'l let you go, Ace. I already have mine.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:53 am »
If a range advertised that in this area and I wanted the class, I would go.
Who said this?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:04 pm »
I am not at all surprised there was a huge response to that store's offer of training.  You likely won't hear anything of this on CNNMSNBCFOXCBSABCBBCNBC; there is an entire subset of liberals that believe in and participate in gun ownership for self defense.  Commonly, these citizens adhere to the left wing party line in everything except gun control.  Many of these people believe that if they want to retain their alternative lifestyle, they must be prepared to defend it. 

I came across this fact about a couple years ago while in a local gun store shopping for reloading supplies.  After I had chosen my components I was wandering around the store to see if I wanted anything else.  I bumped into a local 2A advocate with whom I am acquainted, along with 3 people he was helping to choose personal arms.  These 3 were all transgender.  I became curious and stood by to listen in, I learned that this advocate was giving classes for not only these 3, but dozens of other people in the alternative society. 

I had a chance to talk with Mr. 2A a few months later.  He told me that there are "underground" 2A organizations within the LGBT community all across the country.  Many in these groups are terrified of "coming out" to their liberal friends as 2A supporters.  Some who have let out the secret have been hounded, threatened with death, and beaten for not toeing the leftist line.  But they are determined to never be victims and to take responsibility for their own safety.

I applaud them.
Winter is coming.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »
there is an entire subset of liberals that believe in and participate in gun ownership for self defense.

I know a lot of liberals and democrats that have no problem with gun ownership whether it is for self defense or not.  Although in my 63 years I have never heard of a case where an individual was successful in protecting themselves with a gun unless it was someone in law enforcement.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »
""If a range advertised that in this area and I wanted the class, I would go.

And who can't read it?

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »
there is an entire subset of liberals that believe in and participate in gun ownership for self defense.

I know a lot of liberals and democrats that have no problem with gun ownership whether it is for self defense or not.  Although in my 63 years I have never heard of a case where an individual was successful in protecting themselves with a gun unless it was someone in law enforcement.

Depends on what you mean by protecting themselves.  I've done it several times that I can think of offhand.  Usually, just letting them know I was armed made them back off.  Only once did I have to point my gun at a man to make him stop beating a woman.  I guess that doesn't count, since I wasn't protecting myself.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 07:15:59 pm »

Ace,
The reason you have not heard of it is because the liberal media refuses to put it in the news.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 07:42:01 pm »
The other reason is that many successful defenses are never reported to the police.  I know I never told the police and doubt my opponents did (although on one occasion, my opponent was the chief deputy sheriff of the county, who later served time for perjury involving cases in which I was opposing him and his crew in federal court -- and I don't think he filed a formal complaint).

Bad guys don't report things like this to the police and good guys don't need to, unless somebody gets shot.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 07:51:14 pm »
BTW, being a hard-ass cost me a lot of time and money and my crusading endeavors cost what was once a good marriage, so I don't recommend it to anyone. 

There was a day when I made the decision to take on what I felt were bad guys, knowing there was no going back.  After it was all over and my life was a shambles, I moved to another state, started over, stayed away from politics and criminal law and have so far lived a pretty happy life for the last 35 years.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 08:56:59 pm »
So the bottom line is very few people who have guns protect themselves with the gun with out getting their ass in a sling.  Everyone that is a citizen has the right to have a gun but when it comes to using it on another human being the laws get muddy and the result is not so black and white.  I rest my case.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 09:03:48 pm »

If you have never heard of a case of anyone successfully defending themselves with a gun you are either not paying attention or intentionally ignoring the stories you do hear.  It happens much, much more that you claim to think.  Every single day.  My ex-wife is one of those people who successfully defended herself with a gun.  The MSM is loathe to report successful stories, and they are quick to scream out their reports of a defensive failure, however, if you make a basic google search you WILL easily find many stories in the local news purveyors of common citizens successfully defending themselves and/or family or friends with a gun.
You must also accept the fact that most defensive uses of a gun do NOT result in a shooting, and so will not be reported to the police or to the news. 
Here, a favor to you. The search engine took .35 seconds to find a pile of recent stories from around the country. I picked one at random for you to "hear about".
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/police-gwinnett-homeowner-shoots-and-kills-intruder/0AZEvV1Kuecf3COXzvdk7K/
Winter is coming.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 09:12:31 pm »
Here's one where no one got shot;
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=24585827

There are stories like these all over the place, for those with eyes.  Shall I continue to bring you more, or shall I rest my case? 
Winter is coming.