Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Roger Stone | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union  (Read 12938 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Roger Stone | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 12:33:36 pm »
Only a fool would make public how he made ""and kept" billions of dollars.Trade secrets are well kept by all successful business men. It is ridiculous to think all his tax loophole secrets are going to be let out to all his competitors.

Like he said, he didn't make the financial laws, he just abides by them, even and especially when they benefits him. If they don't like it, they should change the laws.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 05:45:05 pm »
>Adam Shift gets up before the  whole world and  makes up lie after lie as he presented himself as quoting President Donald J

Then Adam claims he was doing a parody.  Then Nancy Pelosi quotes Shiff on Anderson Cooper and Cooper tries to correct her and she insists that that's exactly what Trump said and Cooper can't convince her otherwise...  That's what she gets for believing the fake news...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 09:01:06 pm »
That's what she gets for believing the fake news...

and unfortunately it took several rounds before the Republicans called him on it.  That was almost as appaling as what he did.  wonder how many people believed what he said since it went unchallenged for so long?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 08:56:50 am »
Like he said, he didn't make the financial laws, he just abides by them,
Because he says so? ... when all he has done is lie? ... publicly!   Why is his base so quick to believe a liar?  He misused charitable contributions which is a tax violation but you believe he has nothing to hide.  I am not that naive.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 10:58:33 am »
Because he says so? ... when all he has done is lie? ... publicly!   Why is his base so quick to believe a liar?  He misused charitable contributions which is a tax violation but you believe he has nothing to hide.  I am not that naive.

Tax law is extremely convoluted.  Anyone who is doing anything other than the short form has probably broken IRS rules or laws at one time or another and usually not on purpose.   Trump doesn't do his own taxes.  He'd be foolish to do his own taxes.  So if we get his tax returns we are getting what his accountant did, not what Trump did.  Granted, no matter who does our taxes we are responsible, but the idea that we will find that Trump himself did some nefarious thing in filing his taxes is kinda dumb.  Perhaps his accountant is dirty?   :cheesy:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 12:01:34 pm »
He lies less tahn any politician I know. Many times less than shitt, er, shiff.  If you didn't believe a liar, you would be 125% against the dems.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »
>when all he has done is lie? ... publicly!

Name one.  Date time and context.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 04:54:54 pm »
C'mon, Micheal give him one that is at least possible, if not feasible.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 05:15:54 pm »
It's easy to find Trump either using some hyperbole ("best ever" etc.) or being generic when he should be specific, but lying I haven't seen yet.  He is a politician (now anyway) so he's bound to get caught lying sooner or later.
-------------------

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2019, 09:24:15 pm »
Roger is a bomb thrower from the right.
He got caught up in the wiki leaks scandal.
FBI/CIA scum trying to put him away to silence critics.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
Eric Ciaramella is a rat.
Seth Rich died at the hands of HRC, or Bill.

I once said on this site "Bee Lives Matter" and my post was deleted.  Let's see my friends.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:20 pm »
Tax law is extremely convoluted.  Anyone who is doing anything other than the short form has probably broken IRS rules or laws at one time or another and usually not on purpose.   Trump doesn't do his own taxes.  He'd be foolish to do his own taxes.  So if we get his tax returns we are getting what his accountant did, not what Trump did.  Granted, no matter who does our taxes we are responsible, but the idea that we will find that Trump himself did some nefarious thing in filing his taxes is kinda dumb.  Perhaps his accountant is dirty? 
I doubt that there is more than one senator or congressman that would understand Trump's tax returns if they had access to them.

I doubt that his tax accountant is dirty.
A quick internet search, including The Security and Exchange Commission's website, shows that one of Trump's Companies paid Ernst and Young over half a million dollars for tax services several years ago. Ernst and Young is one of the Big Four international accounting firms.
I assume that one of the Big Four firms are preparing his tax returns, if not Ernst and Young. If not one of the big four, then I assume a second tier firm is preparing the returns.
Treasury Circular No. 230, section 10.34 spells out some of the standards that tax return preparers must adhere to, not to mention professional and ethical standards.
However, it is highly likely that his returns may include one or more aggressive (but not abusive) tax positions.

Even if his returns had no aggressive tax positions, making his returns still subject to audit available for the scrutiny of his enemies would be foolish, to put it politely.

Tom

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 10:08:17 pm »

Posted by: incognito
? on: Today at 10:00:20 pm ?

Incog my friend,
Julian Assange was once asked where is the dirt on Donald Trump?
He famously responded, there is none, it's all in the New York Times....

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 10:13:52 pm »
Well, maybe not all of it.  But that is fine by me.
Trump  is probably no better or worse that the rest of the holy than thou Washington crowd. That is the sickening irony of it all.

Tom

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 11:44:51 pm »
Well, maybe not all of it.  But that is fine by me.

If it was out there the dems would have put out my friend.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:55 am »
It is the same as Nixon. If they did nothing wrong that is punishable, get the media to say they did enough times and often enough for the public to believe it. It has been proven to work many times.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 12:06:28 pm »
It is the same as Nixon.

IDK.  there was enough evidence of obstruction of justice for a real crime that I don't think the Nixon impeachment was out of line for the times. FF to Clinton though, and he also engaged in obstruction of justice for a real crime and not removed.  It would have been interesting to see what happened to Nixon if he'd fought it out, but given the times, I think he would have been removed.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2019, 12:23:31 pm »
The Clinton process taught me that impeachment is a political process, not a just process.
That result was disappointing considering the undisputed facts. A sad milestone for our country.
That result makes it hard to take this one seriously. This one will likely have the same political result. Trump is unlikely to be removed involuntarily, no matter what the facts are.
Tom

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2019, 12:34:54 pm »
I think Nixon would have won out in the end and I think he knew it, he just thought he was no longer valuable as a president when they were spending all their time hamstringing his presidency.  He did what he thought best for the country, not himself.  Just like he did not contest the election when Kennedy won even though it was close and there was obvious voter fraud in Illinois.   
 He probably won if you throw out the fraud.  He thought it better for the country if he did not contest it.  So the president who thought the country was more important than himself, got us OUT of the Vietnam war, reestablished relations with China, started the EPA, ended the draft, started D?tente with Russia, stopped nuclear proliferation with an Anti-Ballistic missile treaty, negotiated a middle east treaty and all anyone remembers is Watergate and they don't even remember that the only involvement he had was trying to keep it from becoming public.  His reelection was the biggest landslide of the electoral college since Washington got 100%.  520 electoral votes to 17 for McGovern.  Once all the anti-war protesters die off he will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in US history.  Of course he had to mess that up with wage and price controls...
-------------------

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 12:50:24 pm »
AMEN. Thank you, MB.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2019, 01:01:30 pm »
Once all the anti-war protesters die off he will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in US history.

I think this is true.  Few presidents accomplished more and it has been ignored.  I am not sure that he would have won though.  That was a time people really did care about character and his was pretty damaged by that point.  We'll never know, but I agree that he put the country first by resigning, as did Ford by pardoning him.  Ford is another who is very under-rated. 

anything