Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mods and Typos (Re: That's Funny)  (Read 8661 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Mods and Typos (Re: That's Funny)
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2023, 04:47:39 pm »
How about all that "re-quoting with HTML after nearly EVERY COMMENT."
Does all that space really need to be taken up?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 05:17:22 pm »
How about all that "re-quoting with HTML after nearly EVERY COMMENT."
Does all that space really need to be taken up?
My personal opinion is that quoting is helpful so people know exactly what comment or what section of a comment you are responding to.  Sometimes that is a whole post, and especially when there are multiple people participating in a conversation, I think it's beneficial to have it be obvious exactly what prompted the responder's comments. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »
It you would to add a thunks up provided by Beemaster Forums simply click the empty page next to  Posted by
Not a clickable link to me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 07:08:43 pm by William Bagwell »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 06:54:42 pm »
Members, it only takes a second to type in 'Thumbs up' or 'I agree'.  Quoting a post or part of a post also helps when expressing ones thoughts, Beemaster1 was wise to offer this option when building "Beemaster Forums" in my opinion.
After all, the reason why most of us joined Beemaster to begin with 'was and is' to learn from one another as well as share what we have leaned through our own experiences?

The freedom to express ourselves, our opinions, and experiences, does not always jive with others opinions and experiences. What works for one may not always work as well for another. Isn't it only healthy for members to have the flexibility to have and express their own opinions? Even if opinions may differ or vary from someone else's opinions; Or may be in agreement with another post?.

It is in this healthy environment and 'open mind thinking', we 'all' may learn from one another. I surely have!  And who knows; Even an 'old dog' may learn a new trick or two when it comes to beekeeping here. lol

Perhaps this kind of open minded thinking is what has helped 'keep' "Beemater Forums" ahead of the rest?  Even members who may get a bur under their saddle from time to time 'usually' find their way back 'Home to Beemaster' and welcome!

Phillip
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 09:30:56 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 07:06:46 pm »
It you would to add a thunks up provided by Beemaster Forums simply click the empty page next to  Posted by
Not a clickable link to me.
Ah, it is on my own posts, just not others.

So, if every one 'Thumbs Up' their own posts no one else will need to :tongue:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 07:09:44 pm »
So, if every one 'Thumbs Up' their own posts no one else will need to :tongue:

lol "That's Funny" Thanks William for the smile! :grin: 

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 08:25:28 am »
I think it's beneficial to have it be obvious exactly what prompted the responder's comments.
It also lets you know who authored the quote and a link to find it if you want to read the whole conversation instead of just a snippet.  Very helpful. I wish Mike would use the quote link because he makes a lot of them and they are all over the place.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it