Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Twitter thread  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Twitter thread
« on: January 31, 2023, 11:57:17 am »
https://twitter.com/dom_lucre/status/1618662720114679809

I'll break another of my own rules and post a twitter thread.   :grin: 

There's some good stuff in here and a book I want to look for. 

Enjoy.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
Re: Twitter thread
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 08:09:19 am »
Now this here is a thread that I could keep active. I see it's in the 2A department but what are the rules (specifically, the 'don'ts') in here?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 08:33:02 am »
I get this:

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 09:08:56 am »
I get this:

On that one, so do I. I suspect it's been deleted but sometimes, if the link is transferred incorrectly somehow, that will happen too. I post a lot of them on the PA 2A site that I haunt so I've figured a good bit of that stuff out. A lot of them are political and I want to know if those are OK to post.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 12:22:42 pm »
Now this here is a thread that I could keep active. I see it's in the 2A department but what are the rules (specifically, the 'don'ts') in here?

The Bylaws state it this way.
If you don't agree with someone's view, EXPRESS your views rather than tear down theirs.

Healthy debate of opposing positions is encouraged, arguing in political sections is allowed to some extent, but personally attacking any member is against the rules.  "I think this general position is stupid" is allowed in political discussions, provided only the ideology and not another member is under fire.  "I think you are stupid for holding this position" is never allowed.  "I think my position is better for reasons A, B, and C with sources and examples" is a much better reponse.  :smile:  As with other areas of the forum, language is expected to be PG at all times. 

I post a lot of them on the PA 2A site that I haunt so I've figured a good bit of that stuff out. A lot of them are political and I want to know if those are OK to post.

Contents of links must follow the language rules as well.  We have no rules against political subjects, but we do ask that political talk be limited exclusively to the Coffee House and other political sections.  We have some members who don't wish to discuss politics, and we ask that all members respect that when in the main beekeeping section and other forum areas.  Also as a general courtesy, please do not "thread hop" if you are having an argument with another member, where the argument continues from one thread onto another thread because two individuals are now in a heated personal debate.  Please keep arguments contained, impersonal, and on-topic.  If you ever find yourself having trouble with another member, or if you see something against the rules, please PM me or another moderator or administrator, or just hit the "Report to moderator" button at the bottom of the post.               
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 10:59:47 am by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2023, 12:35:58 pm »
probably removed.  I usually check that links work OK and that stuff is not behind a paywall.  Maybe I forgot this time or it's gone.  You can look him up on X and check out his stuff.  Dom Lucre
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 01:45:47 pm »
That's all sensible and easy enough. Here's one that cracked me up but I'm a cat owner. We can see if it works. My cats are good though, no kitchen counter, they don't push stuff off of the flat earth and they can walk between my garden seedlings without disturbing them. They're also house broken and aren't gackers.

https://twitter.com/Buckethatheada1/status/1706298559249752537

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 02:22:35 pm »
My cats are good though, no kitchen counter, they don't push stuff off of the flat earth and they can walk between my garden seedlings without disturbing them. They're also house broken and aren't gackers.

https://twitter.com/Buckethatheada1/status/1706298559249752537
:cheesy: Cat internet content is my #1 guilty pleasure.  We just lost one of our kitties last week actually.  She was acting really sick for a few days, so we took her to the vet, and they gave her some fluids and antibiotics, but it didn't help much.  She was my mom's little shadow, followed her everywhere and slept with her every night.  :cry:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2023, 07:52:21 pm »
I just wanted to make all members aware that after a discussion with the other moderators, I have edited my above post (reply #4) about the rules of the political sections for clarity, as some of the other moderators felt my original response was not stringent enough.       

Offline Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2023, 08:28:19 pm »

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2023, 09:05:10 pm »
That wasn't an accident.
It was a well-deserved punishment for ordering pineapple on a pizza. :grin:
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 09:34:58 pm »
It was a well-deserved punishment for ordering pineapple on a pizza

Agreed!!  Who messes up a perfectly good pizza with pineapple?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 09:38:15 pm »
Here in my part of the South, barbecue pizza is poplar. Tried it?
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2023, 10:00:51 pm »
Tried barbecue pizza when once when drunk, but lost all the toppings when I flipped it on the grill. :tongue:
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2023, 10:02:21 pm »
 :tongue:    lol      :grin:

anything