Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thoughts or Rebuttals?  (Read 7246 times)

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Thoughts or Rebuttals?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:50 am »
and they are doing it from passenger jets with chem trails!!

i read it.  followed the link to the PDF.  there is no way to evaluate the accuracy of what they have posted or the legitimacy of the PDF.  some wonk can unlayer it and take a look maybe.  i am not that wonk.  ;)

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
Re: Thoughts or Rebuttals?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:43:35 am »
What they have posted is largely inaccurate; firstly, the USDA programs are not "secret" and the documents never needed to be "uncovered" since they were public documents and posted on the USDA's website for all to access (it's like saying "my own investigation has uncovered startling facts about" a famous murder, where your "investigation" consisted of reading a CNN.com article about the murder).  However, the USDA program targeting birds would not explain massive kills in other countries such as Canada and Sweden, and nothing whatsoever proposed by this article implicates the USDA in any fish kills.  Further, the USDA did not indicate anywhere that the Beebe, Arkansas events were part of its blackbird-kill program, nor would it make sense for them to be poisoning birds only one single night out of the year.   But the article nevertheless begins by pinning all of these events on the USDA.

The USDA's approval of Imidacloprid may have been regrettably speedy but it was not "illegal".

And most egregious of all, the article uses clip-art of wasps to represent bees.  Unforgivable.

Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.