Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Long running blog  (Read 10671 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Long running blog
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:04:15 am »
I just noticed as I posted tonight that I have now posted 800 times on my blog - wow, that overwhelms me a little. 

And so far I don't think it has been too repetitive. 

I sure have fun with it and people come to it from all over the world.  Over half a million visitors have come to the blog since I started it in 2006.  FWIW, I'm having a great time with it still.

Thanks to all of you who have supported it and me.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Long running blog
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18:32 am »
Wow, that's a lot of typing. You know Linda how I feel about you and your blog. I check it every day - part of my routine. I can't thank you enough for the help I have received from reading and watching the video's.

I am very happy for your new venture into the honey business. I truly wish you all the luck in the world getting this business started and also being successful.

You are the best Linda and I appreciate the efforts you have made keeping up the blog. I have noticed that many people start blogging, but stop along the way.

Thanks again and keep up the wonderful work

Sincerely
Annette

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:09:21 pm »
Linda ,that is just awesome!!
 How did the recovery go after the floods of 09. Do you still need any help?

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:00:27 am »
We had so many wonderful offers of help.  We got new bees and donated equipment and set forth again.  People even offered bees, but the Ga law will not allow us to take bees across the state line unless through a licensed shipper, but that so many people cared really made us feel like part of a wonderful beekeeping community.

We relocated the apiary up higher - not as accessible as an educational opportunity but safer for the bees. 

We know we lost one Blue Heron hive (where the flood was) going into this winter and after the terrible cold and ice over the last week and the week of Christmas, I'm scared we may have lost the other one, but we are survivors and Julia (my beek buddy there) and I will simply start again next year.  It's a wonderful location for teaching and exposure of the public to beekeeping, so we'll keep it up.

Thanks for asking - I update about it in the blog all the time.

Linda T

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:51 pm »
tillie
got me blocked from her blog,I ramble too much I guess. :-D :roll:
Don

she buys lot of bees from me,I must not be too bad. :evil:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:10:28 pm »
your blog is great.  i don't know if you have noticed, but people are referred to it all the time.  you crush and strain video is still on the greatest hits list  :)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:46 pm »
Don, you are not blocked from my blog - I've never blocked anyone and certainly not you....you are one of my beekeeping heroes!

Linda

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 10:50:35 am »
Your blog is one of the first bee sites that I read religiously when I started out last year. A darned good website with good local information. Keep it up.

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 10:51:19 am »
I was kidding
Don :-D

Offline Honeytree

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 02:28:42 pm »
I hadn't put two and two together that the Linda of Linda T's blog was tillie here; many, many, many thanks, Linda/tillie, for all that you've offered to the world! Does that sound like an overstatement? I don't think it is! I was like a kid in a candy store finding your blog (which is, I think, the third hit you get with "beekeeping blog" in Google, a testament to its popularity), and I couldn't believe how much amazing information was there, written as plain as day and with beautiful pictures to boot, for anyone in the world to see, learn from, and apply to their own lives and ecosystems.

Also, some of the folks at my short course last weekend poo-poo'ed organic methods. I was so thankful to have your words and pictures in my mind to know that going without chemicals not only can be done, but can be done so kindly, effectively, and beautifully.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:04:34 pm by Honeytree »

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 02:32:36 pm »
it is excellent.  very few people can learn, apply what they have learned, and teach, as well as Linda T  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 05:08:12 pm »
I am honored.....thanks for the kinds words and positive support.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline amyleighhoney

• New Bee
    • http://benefitsofhoneyblog.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 07:30:24 am »
Awesome blog Linda - worth joining this forum just to check it out.

I look forward to the next 800 posts ;)
I sometimes try my hand at blogging at: Benefits of Honey. Although its a honey blog not a beekeeping blog (i'm a total newbie when it comes to beekeeping)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 12:25:27 pm »
April 15 marked the beginning of my sixth year of keeping my blog - 844 posts, over 1000 subscribers via RSS and Blogger following.  I now send my posts out via Twitter every time I post (moving into the modern world!)  Visitors have come from over 6700 places including 176 countries and I get about 800-1000 hits a day during bee season.

You all have been such great sources of information and help.  I appreciate the great resource that this forum is.

Thanks for the long lasting support,

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »
I am mentoring a couple of beekeepers this year and one of the first things I tell them is to read as much as possible on your blog.
This is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in becoming a beekeeper and also for people who need advice on a particular subject. The videos say more than words and have helped me in many situations.

Thanks for keeping it going

Sincerely
Annette

Offline marjon9

• Brood
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 08:15:20 pm »
I'm glad to find your blog and looking forward to catching up on 800 posts!

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »
Nice blog w/lots of info.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:05 pm »
Thanks so much - it's comments like those that give me energy for doing it.  So I really appreciate it!

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Solon4aqi

• Brood
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 08:26:52 am »
Thanks for posting that. It was a good educated guess on your part :)
Generally I like to invent fresh drafts, because above-all it is enough amazing to get novel information, joggling to clue the spine of the ground and emitting it aromas. Simultaneously in some situations I access custom essay writing service privately, which shall give with quite composed proceeds.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:49 am »
This blog will be good for me and for all beginners. I bookmarked your site and I'm sure that I will go there often. Thanks, Larry

anything