Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: chicks hatching  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
chicks hatching
« on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »
i hear peeping.  anyone who knows me knows i'm not the happy dance type, but it's pretty dang cool.  pictures when i have them.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: chicks hatching
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:37:28 pm »
Little chicks are addictive, then reality sets in - full grown chickens.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »
i like my chickens.  got rid of my mean rooster.  all the rest are nice and they produce.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:40:24 pm »
cockadoodle do! :chop:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 04:02:54 pm »
lol.  almost.  probably..

he went to the feed store and was gone the next day.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51:11 pm »
Hey Kathy,

Keep a look out for a medium size box on your porch. I have two roosters we'll be sending your way. btw, don't tell Diane.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline beesNme

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »
Congrats !!!!, i had one right next to the hive till the guard bees told her to leave, they are fun to watch. nothing like fresh eggs :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »
no thanks GSF.  i think my march batch has a rooster.  i catch him/her every day and haul it around with me.  if it's mean, it goes. 

on the + side, i have found that selling fertilized eggs is more profitable than selling the same eggs for eating.  go figure......

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:40:40 pm »
A friend of mine had a duck that he couldn't keep off of the eggs. So he ask me for a dozen fertilized eggs and wal-la, now he has a bunch of baby chickens following a duck around. Now that's what you call a Kodak moment!

I haven't spoken to him in a while, I wonder if the mama duck tried to get them to go in the pond?

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:48 am »
chickens dropping in for a beer how cool is that