Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Glen Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Glen Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson
« on: January 27, 2023, 09:44:21 pm »
Glenn Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson. Carl went on to play with Glenn for many years and two became best friends. In fact, Carl was Ashlie's , (Glens' daughter), godfather. Those two (Carl and Ashley) still play together from time to time. Ashley is a artist in her on right!

https://youtu.be/i5vfw5f1CZo
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Glen Campbell and 'Young" Carl Jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 09:38:28 am »
😊
I have a T shirt that says:
Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 10:20:44 am »
I have been trying to lean guitar for 2.5 years and am sure of one thing.  I will not live long enough to play close to the Glen Campbell Roy Clark type players.  Even spending lots of time and trying my best.
Cheers
gww

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 10:28:10 am »
I don?t have a single musical bone in my body so I wouldn?t have a chance of learning how to play a guitar.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 10:37:11 am »
😊
Jim Altmiller

Years ago a coworker was wearing one of those. Noticed the stylized picture of Burt Reynolds was the older Smokey and the Bandit Burt, not the younger Deliverance Burt. Asked him about it, (his wife was in the T shirt business) and a few days later he reported that it was intentional and that I was the first to notice.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 12:01:07 pm »
Jim
I don?t have a single musical bone in my body so I wouldn?t have a chance of learning how to play a guitar.
Me either apparently. :wink:
Probably why I didn't start at 14.  Campbell was amazing.
I can't draw a strait line with a ruler either and that is why I picked now to do an arty type thing.  Nothing important relies on it.  I will say that so far the guitar has only kicked my butt but did not leave marks like some endeavors do.  Hope you are healed and batting a thousand.
Cheers
gww

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 12:03:16 pm »
😊
Jim Altmiller

Years ago a coworker was wearing one of those. Noticed the stylized picture of Burt Reynolds was the older Smokey and the Bandit Burt, not the younger Deliverance Burt. Asked him about it, (his wife was in the T shirt business) and a few days later he reported that it was intentional and that I was the first to notice.
Part of Deliverance was filmed in the Nantahala river gorge, which is about a half hour from where I live.  We see those bumper stickers and shirts everywhere down there.  :grin:  My sister and I are actually watching a Burt Reynolds movie tonight, 100 Rifles.  We love him as Quint in Gunsmoke. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 01:19:23 pm »

The15thMember

":grin:"  "My sister and I are actually watching a Burt Reynolds movie tonight, 100 Rifles.  We love him as Quint in Gunsmoke."

In that case I will ask if you have seen the recent Richard Rawlings clip from the  "GasMonkeyGarage" channel where Richard discusses his time spent with Burt Reynolds during the time of one of his episodes? It was interesting, Burt gave Richard the original Black Western Hat he wore in the Movie "Smokey And The Bandit"
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 01:20:42 pm »
gww I have always wanted to play the guitar also. I never got to first base though... Good luck in you pursuit!

Phillip

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2023, 01:29:41 pm »
Ben
Luckily I am a hermit and so no one has to put up with whether I am good or bad but me.
Cheers
gww

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 01:43:11 pm »

The15thMember

":grin:"  "My sister and I are actually watching a Burt Reynolds movie tonight, 100 Rifles.  We love him as Quint in Gunsmoke."

In that case I will ask if you have seen the recent Richard Rawlings clip from the  "GasMonkeyGarage" channel where Richard discusses his time spent with Burt Reynolds during the time of one of his episodes? It was interesting, Burt gave Richard the original Black Western Hat he wore in the Movie "Smokey And The Bandit"
I haven't.  I don't know that I've ever actually seen Smokey and the Bandit all the way through.  I remember seeing parts of it at least when I was younger.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 02:33:16 pm »

The15thMember

I haven't.  I don't know that I've ever actually seen Smokey and the Bandit all the way through.  I remember seeing parts of it at least when I was younger.

For some he helped make the hat famous. It was a trend back in those days..

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2023, 02:37:57 pm »
Ben
Luckily I am a hermit and so no one has to put up with whether I am good or bad but me.
Cheers
gww

I enjoy listening to guitar playing anytime. If I could just half way play I would stay at it. I applaud you for taking it up.... I just wish I could get somewhere with it as well.. lol Oh well   :grin:

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 04:18:55 pm »
Ben
You might have more time when you are retired.  This was my cheap pandemic project that fit good for my anti social ways that were already in me before it might have been a good ideal to isolate till more was learned.
I knew I was not musical but it has been harder then I had imagined.  It is a cheap way to go through a lot of time though.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 04:57:27 pm »
Their is a couple of Youtube channels that I found where the videos makers do a pretty good job of teaching: Gww; I appreciate your encouragement but I will just have to face it. 'I don't have what it takes'.  :cheesy:  lol

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 05:03:41 pm »
All of us kids in my family play an instrument.  Me and one of my sisters play the piano, one plays the flute and Irish whistle, and two of my sisters play guitar, one acoustic and one electric.  The one who plays acoustic guitar also plays a little bit of violin.  The guitar players have recently been searching for an online course to up their skills.  I can let you guys know what they find, if you are interested.   

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2023, 05:13:13 pm »
Ben
You tube is all I have except for a cheap guitar.  You might (I am sure you do) have what it takes but it is always up to the guy doing the work.  If everybody did the same thing we might as well be machines instead of people. 

The15th.... 
There is so much free stuff on you tube that I can't see paying but I am not young enough to use it even if I were good.  I would like to know what they use and their experience with it though.  So I am interested.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2023, 05:20:56 pm »
Yea I agree.
On the other hand, My cousin sit down at a piano when she was young, never a lesson, fiddled around with the keys and the next thing we knew she was playing decently and went on to play excellently!  She had a musical gift. I have tried and tried to the point of frustration and don?t feel I have even made it to first base.  ?. Bummer for me 😁 loll

Reagan that is nice to hear! You girls keep up the good work! I bet it is a nice time when yall get in the music!

Phillip 

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 05:23:08 pm »
PS I hate to sound like a quitter, because I am usually game to the last count, but the guitar kicks my tail!  :cheesy: :wink:

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 05:42:30 pm »
The15th.... 
There is so much free stuff on you tube that I can't see paying but I am not young enough to use it even if I were good.  I would like to know what they use and their experience with it though.  So I am interested.
Cheers
gww
The older of the two of them took guitar lessons for about 2 years, so she has good foundation and taught the younger one the basics.  They use a lot of YouTube too, but they've just been feeling lately like they could use something more serious and comprehensive.  They are starting the free trial of GuitarTricks.com to see if they like it, so I'll let you know what they find. 

Reagan that is nice to hear! You girls keep up the good work! I bet it is a nice time when yall get in the music!
It would be if we were playing the same song!  :cheesy:  We have yet to really learn to play together.  It's something we always talk about, but so far the only success we've had is people who play the same instrument doing duets, and occasionally my sister will follow along to the piano on her violin for ear practice.  We just can't seem to find time to practice enough, practice together, or find a song we can all play.