Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cider's ?safer? gun free home.  (Read 53552 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Cider's ?safer? gun free home.
« on: March 16, 2019, 09:21:47 am »
""Knife violence is now sweeping the United Kingdom, and is at a nine-year high, according to the BBC. Police have even taken to confiscating anything remotely pointy, making for some dystopian Twitter posts.""

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/britains-safe-gun/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newletter-patriotupdate&utm_campaign=homepage&utm_content=western-journal
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
Re: Cider's ?safer? gun free home.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:54:19 pm »
The picture with the lineman's pliers got me chuckling. :smile:
Neill

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:40 am »
If we regulate anything that can hurt people we will have no tools.  Also no sports...  We need to outlaw golf clubs...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 12:09:00 pm »
the Brits are working on that, Michael.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 12:59:35 pm »
the Brits are working on that, Michael.

Not that I know of, but we have worked on AK47s a la El Paso! Looks like another Right Wing sheeple on the rampage. Probably a member of the IRA doh! Sorry, probably NRA. :cheesy:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:41:03 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 08:15:36 am »
I wish the perpetrators in El Paso and Ohio just had knives.  Or maybe we should regulate only the white people and let the brown people have guns.  That might change the number of terrorist shootings.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 08:32:06 am »
For Cider........

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/08/04/dayton-shooter-leftist-elizabeth-warren-fan/

For Acebird.......

https://www.rferl.org/a/militants-storm-kandahar-police-hq-after-suicide-car-bombing/30062973.html

Left or right, guns or bombs, a nut cannot be stopped by giving him pills and sending him home.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 09:14:27 am »
For Cider........

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/08/04/dayton-shooter-leftist-elizabeth-warren-fan/

For Acebird.......

https://www.rferl.org/a/militants-storm-kandahar-police-hq-after-suicide-car-bombing/30062973.html

Left or right, guns or bombs, a nut cannot be stopped by giving him pills and sending him home.
But you forgot the salt to go with your pills then you could be sent home to sleep. :smile:

You don't believe the tripe in 'Red State' do you? Its a news feed for RW Sheeple, its like saying "it must be true its on Google"
The big deflection game has started its everyone else's fault except the RW nut with an AK 47. Where did he get an AK47?
Did he nip to the next state to legally buy what is to all intents and purposes a military weapon.
cider   

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 10:47:58 am »
The semi-auto has been around since about the 1930's. The AK-47 does nothing the M-1 wouldn't do. If it's the gun's fault, why have we not had mass shootings like this since that time?
Easy answer to that one...... We closed most insane asylums and let the inmates go on the street and decided to blame an inanimate item rather than the guilty semi-human.
My semi-auto rifle sets in the closet and never harms anyone.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 01:17:56 pm »
Hey Cider, how much of this would a semi-auto rifle ban stop?

?Audio from the tragic shooting at 18th & Kildare yesterday shows that criminals have no deterrent to carrying illegal guns in our city and this is what residents and police are up against,? Chicago Police Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi posted Monday alongside a clip containing sounds of one of the attacks in that area.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-weekend-shootings-7-dead-46-injured

Absolutely none, that's how much.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 02:31:32 pm »
... My semi-auto rifle sets in the closet and never harms anyone.

Now, that's interesting! I've had the same experience with mine! ... hmmm .... very interesting indeed ...  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 02:09:38 am »
The semi-auto has been around since about the 1930's. The AK-47 does nothing the M-1 wouldn't do. If it's the gun's fault, why have we not had mass shootings like this since that time?
Easy answer to that one...... We closed most insane asylums and let the inmates go on the street and decided to blame an inanimate item rather than the guilty semi-human.
My semi-auto rifle sets in the closet and never harms anyone.
I suppose there must be lots of "inmates" around with semi-auto in the closet. If it never harms anyone/thing why do you need it? Not withstanding the other weapons you undoubtedly have hunting rifle/ hand gun etc. Its about the culture iddee if you feel the need for 300m guns you need to accept the collateral damage.

Watched a TV programme last night 'BBC Newsnight' they were interviewing a spokeswoman from the White House and asked about the massacres, besides stating the blindingly obvious "he must be insane" (Trumps line) she was at a loss. Eventually rolling out "well your having problems with knives" I've never heard of one person knifing to death 22 people in Harrods in a short space of time. Come shopping in London, its a lot safer than El Paso. Where do the White House find these people? :shocked:   

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 07:03:53 am »
""If it never harms anyone/thing why do you need it?""
If you never want to use it, why do you have insurance?
If your drill never gets up and drills a hole for you, why do you have it?
If it's not raining, why would you patch your roof?

Now there's 4 useless questions if I've ever seen one.

""I've never heard of one person knifing to death 22 people in Harrods in a short space of time. ""

So why did your Gov. restrict them?
Because the first person killed with one is just as dead as the twentieth one, that's why.

NOW GET REAL..........l

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 08:00:56 am »
""If it never harms anyone/thing why do you need it?""
If you never want to use it, why do you have insurance?
If your drill never gets up and drills a hole for you, why do you have it?
If it's not raining, why would you patch your roof?

Now there's 4 useless questions if I've ever seen one.

""I've never heard of one person knifing to death 22 people in Harrods in a short space of time. ""

So why did your Gov. restrict them?
Because the first person killed with one is just as dead as the twentieth one, that's why.

NOW GET REAL..........l
Re  insurance: Do you take out 4 or so policies to cover any damage to your car when you reverse into your fence etc? In the UK it is illegal to claim on multiple policies for the same thing. An intruder shot with a handgun would be just as dead as with an M1
Re Drill: I have it to drill a hole! I don't need it to put its own drill bit in.
RE Patch your roof: See  buildings insurance!
Knives aren't banned I can buy any type I wish for a legitimate use. What I cannot do is secrete a large knife about my person with the intent of using it on a stranger. Unlike you with your concealed hand gun.
NOW GET REAL iddee come to London or elsewhere in the UK to do your shopping in safety.
We will even throw in some pills and salt administered by a professional nurse from the NHS.
cider

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 08:07:31 am »
Yes, I have multiple policies. Car, home, life, health, ETC. Different policies for different situations, just like guns.
We do have self chucking drills.
The others are just as answerable, but why bother, you don't listen. You know what is right, but get your kicks by trolling. You would argue if I said the sun rises in the east. You would say, "not on a cloudy day".

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 08:26:22 am »
Yes, I have multiple policies. Car, home, life, health, ETC. Different policies for different situations, just like guns.
We do have self chucking drills.
The others are just as answerable, but why bother, you don't listen. You know what is right, but get your kicks by trolling. You would argue if I said the sun rises in the east. You would say, "not on a cloudy day".
Aw shucks.

GET REAL iddee. You live in a dangerous country and need to carry a concealed gun. Come shopping in the UK in safety. We wont lock you up as you cross the border unless you bring your plinker with you :cheesy:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 08:34:55 am »
Make sure you keep shopping and don't go to a concert,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Arena_bombing

or

cross the bridge to eat or drink.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_London_Bridge_attack

YOU get real, Cider. Insane people are going to kill people. We need to use a bit of sense and remove the people, not the weapon.

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 08:59:12 am »
We closed most insane asylums and let the inmates go on the street

Yes, we should rethink that decision as being fiscally responsible along with many others.  The instantaneous effect to the bottom line doesn't show the true cost over time.  Just like giving 31 trillion to the rich.  That is what depressions are made of.
When you have a president that has no morals you encourage a small sector of the population to imitate his actions.  Over the years in the interest of cutting costs you ignore the problem of treating insanity which in the end costs you ten fold.
The policies of the far right are just as dangerous and costly as the policies of the far left.  The solution to mass shooting is nether far right nor far left it is in the middle.  Unfortunately due to our present political era we are in a flip flop mode which accomplishes nothing positive.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 09:34:46 am »
""When you have a president that has no morals you encourage a small sector of the population to imitate his actions.  Over the years in the interest of cutting costs you ignore the problem of treating insanity which in the end costs you ten fold.""

You are right. We are filip-flopping this after 8 years of it failing. Hopefully, we will be successful in getting it back toward the middle.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2019, 11:52:17 am »
Its about the culture iddee if you feel the need for 300m guns you need to accept the collateral damage.

I am going to kind of agree with you for a change  :wink:  You missed one thing that I will add, and that is that it is about rights.

Our culture is very different from yours.  In spite of our leftist friends wishing to make us a dependant society, most of us reject this change in whole or in part.  This is a cultural difference from much of the once ruled European world.  We do not wish to be subjects and fought a whole war (in fact, more than one) to keep that from happening. 

Your "rights" are given and taken by your government.  Ours are understood to be natural rights. We, and they, are protected from our government. 

And so yes, we accept that there are people who will abuse any right and we do accept that collateral damage. 

The gun control issue has never been about saving lives.  There are a million ways that lives could be saved with restrictions and new laws about all kinds of things other than guns.  You could ban backyard pools and/or raise the driving age to 21.  1000s of lives would be saved. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.