Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ace, for the heck of it extractor.  (Read 6037 times)

Offline gww

• Super Bee
Re: Ace, for the heck of it extractor.
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 03:27:14 pm »
Ace
The aluminum does not bother me for the intended use of just running honey down the wall of a plastic container and then putting it in a bucket.  I think the shaft will be ok painted and I doubt I do more to it if it works.  I will be trying to gether stuff for an even better one but will not spend much effort and no money in that process.  I know a little more now and so will know not to say no on junk that works towards things I want to do.  I do my best not to just collect every thing cause I don't want to fill 20 acres full of junk.  I usually get by for today and then adjust later with something if it is an improvement.  No hurry in any of this as it is just a hoby that is keeping me interested and using my extra time up in an enjoyable but cheep fassion.
Cheers
gww

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 01:08:24 am »
I haven't got on Beemasters since that early Friday morning.  Saturday morning about 04:00 or 4:30 is when the tornado came through Hattiesburg and Petal MS, it came about 3 miles from my house.  The fg was food grade, you can buy some used food grade 55 and 20 gal. drums.  I have some of each, my extractor is out of a 55 gal drum.  Everything is food grade plastic or stainless steel.  I got the used 2o gal drums from a soft drink place, they got the syrup in them.  The 55 gal drums I got that was used for liquid antacids, I think I gave around $50 for the two 55 drums, they have the removable tops.

Good luck to you all,

Joe Downing

We just had downed limbs mostly, nothing bad.  Others had big damage and 4 deaths.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 10:21:48 am »
Joe
Bummer on the damage and bummer on the death, I am glad you came out ok though.
gww

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 10:02:09 pm »
Thanks gww.  I have a storm shelter and if the storms get close we get in it.  One like it was tested in Texas, supposed to have passed cat.5.
It is good size also, inside 6 feet wide x 12 feet long with 8 feet from floor to ceiling.  It is made of helix concrete 6 inches thick top, bottom and sides.  I have a land line phone, TV, radio, lights and fans, small refrigerator, and 2 cots and chairs.  It is suppose to weigh 33000 pounds and anchored to the ground.  And I poured a slab around it 5 to 6 inch deep and with a 6 inch footing.  Just thought may not be the place for this post.

Joe D

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 11:12:12 pm »
Joe
If you are worried about being off topic on this thread, you won't get trouble from me.  I inadvertedly take lots of topics off subject cause when something interest me I ask more.  I never worry about that kind of thing and just enjoy the banter, sometimes learn something and always like hearing what ever is on your mind and others also.

I am glad you are prepared and also that this time you didn't need to be saved by something like you have.

I also apretiate your sharing your extractor.

Good luck
gww